• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't see or call my grandaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Me and my son are NOT out of line for trying to protect a child from abuse. Not telling her how to parent, just will not tolerate anyone abusing a child and neither would CPS.

He threatened him and so did i over a year ago. So if he wants to hold grudges that long that is his perogative.

By the way how do you feel about him telling me he spanked her because sometimes you have to re-program children. That was his exact words and he needs mental help if he really believes that. He isnt even her father.,
A spanking is not considered to be abuse, legally. CPS will not care that your granddaughter got spanked.

Like I said grandma, if you can never grasp how horribly out of line you were, then your chances of ever repairing your relationship with your daughter are slim to none.

Last edited:

chris3920

Oh Grandma, you and your son overstepped so far with that one that I am completely unsurprised that you have this problem now.

I am not surprised at all that her boyfriend is still pissed about it. You are never going to be able to repair this with your daughter until you can truly understand just how horribly out of line you were.
So it sounds like abuse to a child by moms boyfriend is ok with you. Well not to be and i will never be sorry for trying to protect my grandaughter or any other child. My grandaughter came to me about the abuse. Oh maybe I should have ignored it and just let it get worse. Dont think so!!!!!!!!

My daughter and i have been fine for over a year since this happened. She understood i was only looking out for my grandchilds welfare. This situatiuon now is completely different, has nothing to do with the spanking issue.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The childs father is not involved in her life, he pays child support and lives in a different state.

Not sure about defining spanking. She said hit on the butt for not telling the truth. She was five at the time.
There is nothing wrong with that.

Proserpina

Me and my son are NOT out of line for trying to protect a child from abuse. Not telling her how to parent, just will not tolerate anyone abusing a child and neither would CPS.

He threatened him and so did i over a year ago. So if he wants to hold grudges that long that is his perogative.

By the way how do you feel about him telling me he spanked her because sometimes you have to re-program children. That was his exact words and he needs mental help if he really believes that. He isnt even her father.,

CPS won't care about kiddo being spanked.

Seriously. The law doesn't care what you and your family think about spanking - it is an acceptable form of discipline and it is NOT your business unless it actually does become abuse.

You can sit here and argue back and forth until you're blue in the teeth. It won't change anything.

"He isn't even her father" - you're absolutely right. And you're not the child's mother.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am hoping to resolve this with my daughter. I love her so much. I am not only missing my grandaughter but my daughter too.

When we found out about the spanking we sat them both down to talk. I basically told him it was wrong and if it happened again i would call CPS. My son told him if he ever touched her again he would kill him, which of course he didnt mean but we say things when we are angry. My son was the only father figure my grandaughter had for five years. My daughters boyfriend is still pissed about it.
So your son made terroristic threats which were completely out line and quite frankly illegal. And you butted in where you didn't belong. Your son is NOT a father to this child. End of story. I don't blame the boyfriend for being upset. Your son committed an illegal act. Calling CPS? You wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the child for pulling such a stunt or making a threat. You were out of line.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sorry to disagree but my family has always considered it abuse, even my daughter before this happened.
Doesn't matter. It is NOT abuse legally. YOU were completely out of line. No wonder you can't have contact with this child. You attempted to threaten the mother. How dare you!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

It is NOT abuse. YOU are no one to this child. He may not be her father but if he had mom's permission he was allowed to discipline. LEGALLY you have no rights. NONE. This is NOT abuse. CPS would not consider a spanking abuse. You need help severely. Until you realize what you did wrong, you won't see this child. Part of him and your daughter holding a grudge is there are consequences -- the consequence is you don't get a relationship with your granddaughter.

chris3920

CPS won't care about kiddo being spanked.

Seriously. The law doesn't care what you and your family think about spanking - it is an acceptable form of discipline and it is NOT your business unless it actually does become abuse.

You can sit here and argue back and forth until you're blue in the teeth. It won't change anything.

"He isn't even her father" - you're absolutely right. And you're not the child's mother.
I will not go back and forth with you anymore. Waiting for abuse to happen is just sick. I am her grandmother and helped raise her for five years and he is a nobody boyfriend (25) and needs to grow up.

This spanking issue is not why i came on this forum it was to get advice about grandparents rights to see my grandaughter. It is totally unrelated to the spanking issue that happened over a year ago.

So you can have your opinion about spanking and i have mine but not what i am here for.

I AM NOBODY BUT HE IS?? YOU ARE STRANGE. SHE IS MY GRANDAUGHTER AND HE IS ONLY SOMEONE MY DAUGHTER HAS KNOWN TO A LITTLE OVER A YEAR, NOT HER FATHER.

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DONT READ WELL. YOUR MIND IS SET ON THIS SPANKING ISSUE AND NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT THINGS WITH THAT HAVE BEEN FINE AND THERE IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT REASON WHY I CANNOT SEE HER RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

LdiJ

So it sounds like abuse to a child by moms boyfriend is ok with you. Well not to be and i will never be sorry for trying to protect my grandaughter or any other child. My grandaughter came to me about the abuse. Oh maybe I should have ignored it and just let it get worse. Dont think so!!!!!!!!

My daughter and i have been fine for over a year since this happened. She understood i was only looking out for my grandchilds welfare. This situatiuon now is completely different, has nothing to do with the spanking issue.
If you and your daughter are completely fine, then why are you unable to see your grandchild?

Spanking is not abuse unless it goes well beyond what a normal spanking would be. You are insisting that he abused the child when he only spanked the child.

Proserpina

I will not go back and forth with you anymore. Waiting for abuse to happen is just sick. I am her grandmother and helped raise her for five years and he is a nobody boyfriend (25) and needs to grow up.

This spanking issue is not why i came on this forum it was to get advice about grandparents rights to see my grandaughter. It is totally unrelated to the spanking issue that happened over a year ago.

So you can have your opinion about spanking and i have mine but not what i am here for.

I posted the statute.

By all means, get an attorney and sue your daughter. If/when you lose, expect to never see the child again.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I AM NOBODY BUT HE IS?? YOU ARE STRANGE. SHE IS MY GRANDAUGHTER AND HE IS ONLY SOMEONE MY DAUGHTER HAS KNOWN TO A LITTLE OVER A YEAR, NOT HER FATHER.

IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DONT READ WELL. YOUR MIND IS SET ON THIS SPANKING ISSUE AND NOT UNDERSTANDING THAT THINGS WITH THAT HAVE BEEN FINE AND THERE IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT REASON WHY I CANNOT SEE HER RIGHT NOW.
Why can't you see your grandchild? Quite frankly, You are NOT entitled to see your grandchild. Understand that. Your daughter NEVER has to allow you contact with your grandchild. You and the boyfriend are BOTH legal strangers. However, your daughter has decided to allow him contact.
Your opinion about spanking is NOT legally correct. It is your opinion but it matters not.

Just Blue

A swat on the bottom IS NOT ABUSE. LEGALLY OR MORALLY.

Just Blue

Grandparent have no rights. Bye.

Just Blue

Why can't you see your grandchild? Quite frankly, You are NOT entitled to see your grandchild. Understand that. Your daughter NEVER has to allow you contact with your grandchild. You and the boyfriend are BOTH legal strangers. However, your daughter has decided to allow him contact.
Your opinion about spanking is NOT legally correct. It is your opinion but it matters not.
Don't you find it sorry that a person thinks it is "okay" for her son the issue Terroristic Threats but a swat on the bottom is "abuse"? :(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Don't you find it sorry that a person thinks it is "okay" for her son the issue Terroristic Threats but a swat on the bottom is "abuse"? :(
Yep but that seems to be the "norm" -- one crime in exchange for another purported (though in this case NOT a crime).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">