• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident, best way to proceed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kyfung

What is the name of your state? indiana

Wife was hit by a car running a stop sign and her car was totaled. Older car so not worth much. She was sore in neck area and went to medical.. Accepted the price of total car, but was disappointed. Said they didn’t negotiate property damage. Took money, kept car. For injury claim, they offered $600 plus up to $1500 for future problems up to 2 months.

I’m going to decline this. From personal experience, I accepted a similar offer years ago and 4 months after agreeing to it, I began experiencing medical issues attributed to my wreck. Surgery and $25,000 from my saving and I was as good as new. By agreeing to a very small offer, they were off the hook.

My wife is experiencing headaches and some tingling and arm strength loss on occasions and I’m concerned about future problems and for $600 bucks, that relieves no anxiety.

How do I respond? What do I ask for? What can I expect? I would rather not receive any money and not agree and let claim expire until they are no longer responsible.

Thank you

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? indiana

Wife was hit by a car running a stop sign and her car was totaled. Older car so not worth much. She was sore in neck area and went to medical.. Accepted the price of total car, but was disappointed. Said they didn’t negotiate property damage. Took money, kept car. For injury claim, they offered $600 plus up to $1500 for future problems up to 2 months.

I’m going to decline this. From personal experience, I accepted a similar offer years ago and 4 months after agreeing to it, I began experiencing medical issues attributed to my wreck. Surgery and $25,000 from my saving and I was as good as new. By agreeing to a very small offer, they were off the hook.

My wife is experiencing headaches and some tingling and arm strength loss on occasions and I’m concerned about future problems and for $600 bucks, that relieves no anxiety.

How do I respond? What do I ask for? What can I expect? I would rather not receive any money and not agree and let claim expire until they are no longer responsible.

Thank you
Has your wife seen a doctor regarding her injury? If so...What did s/he say about her prognosis?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What doesn't make sense is you saying you'd rather wait until they no longer have any responsibility in the matter.

Kyfung

I'm thinking that no matter what occurs, you won't be seeing a settlement here.
Maybe not, but if I don’t accept, I don’t think the claim will just end. I think it lasts for a certain period of time. If so, i would think they would be responsible until the claim expires

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe not, but if I don’t accept, I don’t think the claim will just end. I think it lasts for a certain period of time. If so, i would think they would be responsible until the claim expires
Oh, I think you mean that you want for your wife to continue treating for the accident with the other insurance paying until she can't treat any longer.
Don't expect the insurance company to just keep paying.

Kyfung

Oh, I think you mean that you want for your wife to continue treating for the accident with the other insurance paying until she can't treat any longer.
Don't expect the insurance company to just keep paying.
No not pay UNLESS need be. Right now they offer me $600 and 2 months, upton$1500 expense. That’s about enough to cover 2 Advil’s.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">