• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

… Just making sure i worded it good.
Instead of saying, “Are you paying…” you might want to say, “I assume you are prepared to pay …”

The first way is too easy to respond with “no.” The second way says what you expect.

doug2123

Instead of saying, “Are you paying…” you might want to say, “I assume you are prepared to pay …”

The first way is too easy to respond with “no.” The second way says what you expect.

Ok, thanks. I will word it that way.

doug2123

You should word it in whatever way is comfortable for you but try not to give them the option of saying no. :)

Good luck.
Yea, I like the way you worded it. I changed it.

"Here's my towing bill. Your invoice states the Turbo was the problem. Are you prepared to pay?"

Here's another bill my mechanic had to fix the car after you stated it was "fixed." Are you prepared to pay for having the car properly fixed? Pcv valve malfunctioned, and purge valve was bad.

If they give a hard time respond " Person who answered the phone when I called in said the system was down so I'd have to call back another day. He also said it sounded like the transmission was acting up from the symptoms.

doug2123

Yea, I like the way you worded it. I changed it.

"Here's my towing bill. Your invoice states the Turbo was the problem. Are you prepared to pay?"

Here's another bill my mechanic had to fix the car after you stated it was "fixed." Are you prepared to pay for having the car properly fixed? Pcv valve malfunctioned, and purge valve was bad.

If they give a hard time respond " Person who answered the phone when I called in said the system was down so I'd have to call back another day. He also said it sounded like the transmission was acting up from the symptoms.

Didn't go well. When i said about the towing the manager gave me a blank stare. Than basically came up with lies, and kept pushing back. Was evident they weren't going to pay anything.

He said they replaced the "Turbo" out of good faith, and worded it that way for insurance purposes. I had the codes read at Advance Auto where the car was towed from which he doesn't know that part. 1 code was P0299 engine underboost which is a failing turbo or supercharger. 10 codes came on that time. This time when my mechanic had it they sent me 7 codes that came up, but after the pcv valve, and purge valve the check engine light is out. Out of the 7 codes the p0299 wasn't one of them. I'm assuming 3 codes had to do with the turbo. I didn't get pictures of all the codes that came up.

Now i am trying to get GM to flip the bill.

doug2123

Another update. So the turbo is faulty. The turbo the dealership replaced. The pcv valve they replaced was also faulty. What should i do? They refused to compensate anythihg so far. Not sure i want them to replace the turbo again even knowing its covered, cause they just did it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Another update. So the turbo is faulty. The turbo the dealership replaced. The pcv valve they replaced was also faulty. What should i do? They refused to compensate anythihg so far. Not sure i want them to replace the turbo again even knowing its covered, cause they just did it.
The parts being defective isn't really the dealer's fault. They should replace the items again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the Turbo wasn't made in China it would be a good start to lasting longer.
I've had American car parts (like, I dunno...an engine) that lasted about 30k. China doesn't have the crappy quality market cornered.

doug2123

I've had American car parts (like, I dunno...an engine) that lasted about 30k. China doesn't have the crappy quality market cornered.
I get it, but if you buy car parts from China you will get defective ones more often or failures at about 20,000 miles or less compared to other countries same parts last 80,000-100,000+.

doug2123

So I have documentation from my Mechanic showing the turbo is bad, and the dealership said they didn't notice anything when they test drove it. 2 miles down the road it acted up. So if I get in a bad accident, cause this car is unfit to drive, but they are basically refusing to fix it.

doug2123

Just traded the Buick in for another Make and Model. Yes i did make sure everybidy at the dealership knew about the turbo condition. Made sure i covered all my bases.

LdiJ

Just traded the Buick in for another Make and Model. Yes i did make sure everybidy at the dealership knew about the turbo condition. Made sure i covered all my bases.
Well that solves the problem for you. I hope you got a fair trade in amount.

doug2123

Well that solves the problem for you. I hope you got a fair trade in amount.
Yes it does. The first amount we told them was a slap on the face, but thats cause of the Turbo. 2nd figure was still low, but better. The monthly numbers were what we wanted so it all worked out. They juat wanted to keep us from leaving the dealership, cause we wanted to test drive other brands. I love Toyota, but was starting to like Buick until all these issues unfolded, and lots of research reveals lots of problems with Buick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">