• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged for tests i didn't want

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc2math

MedLegalNrs said:
<<<Did you read OP's further posts and other threads? OP told the police he was arrested, that was a false report, he should have been arrested. OP has some sort of mental health/learning disability. He needs a criminal defense attorney, not a civil rights attorney.>>>

Neutral objectivity does not allow a personal opinion. The sole purpose of the response, as posted, is to direct OP to seek answers to his questions from the proper source of information.

As a side note: my gravest concern when people call for emergency services and don't truly need it is the following: Who was left without a timely response while the rescue ambulance is responding to a non-life threatening emergency? It is truly unfortunate that some members of our community do not understand the severity of their actions when they call for assistance which is truly not needed.
rescue emergency ambulance was never called, was taken by fire-dept (non-emergency), told them it was non-life threatening.

panzertanker

MedLegalNrs said:
As a side note: my gravest concern when people call for emergency services and don't truly need it is the following: Who was left without a timely response while the rescue ambulance is responding to a non-life threatening emergency? It is truly unfortunate that some members of our community do not understand the severity of their actions when they call for assistance which is truly not needed.
I could not agree with you more. But as the OP has demonstrated, he has no insight to the ramifications of his act. He is just concerned that they did "unnecessary" tests, and now has to pay for them....
Forget the fact that he makes a statement that he has been kidnapped, recants, and is angry that the police/EMS/ED personnel did their job, correctly, and ensured his safety and the safety of others he nay have contact with that evening in the frame of mind he was in...

rmet4nzkx

MedLegalNrs said:
rmet4nzkx said:
Did you read OP's further posts and other threads? OP told the police he was <arrested>KIDNAPPED, that was a false report, he should have been arrested. OP has some sort of mental health/learning disability. He needs a criminal defense attorney, not a civil rights attorney.
Neutral objectivity does not allow a personal opinion. The sole purpose of the response, as posted, is to direct OP to seek answers to his questions from the proper source of information.

There was a correction, please note above correction. It is not a personal opinion, it is a neutral objective evaluation based on all of OP's posts on 3 different threads. Making false police reports is a violation of the CA penal code as confirmed by cdwjava who is a police sgt, I also looked up the statutes, therefore OP needs a criminal defense attorney, not a civil right's attorney as his civil rights were not violated. It is very possible OP had a disorder of which he denys or is unaware.

MedLegalNrs

mc2math said:
rescue emergency ambulance was never called, was taken by fire-dept (non-emergency), told them it was non-life threatening.[/QUOTE

The end result is the same. An emergency unit responding to a non-emergency where its resources are better placed answering an emergency call.

panzertanker

mc2math said:
rescue emergency ambulance was never called, was taken by fire-dept (non-emergency), told them it was non-life threatening.
Semantics mc2math.
If you had a friend tell you he was going to kill himself, then tell you he was just "joking", would you trust him to be OK and just go on your merry way??? You wouldn't if you were a good, responsible friend, so why is this any different?
:confused:
I will tell you why... You immaturely made a false statement, and now are angry because you have to pay monetary expenses as a result.

rmet4nzkx

panzertanker said:
I agree with you that the OP needs to have someone in the legal profession to answer his questions, b/c we do not have all of the facts first hand...

That being said, as one person who has spent 7 years in ED work to another, Do you REALLY think there is a civil rights issue involved in putting an 8hr/23hr/whatever you want to call it (1013, etc) on a pt who has just proclaimed being "kidnapped" then recanted???

There is no civil rights violation in doing a mental health assessment that places the pt on "hold" to ascertain their mental health when they have been presented to the ED by law enforcement.
The pt is extremely lucky that he did not have a Baker Act or 1013 placed on him that remanded him to the local psychiatric hospital for a 72 hr evaluation.

I know that had he not been "held against his will" while tests to rule out psychotropics/ETOH/organic disease as an explanation for his behavior, and he DID harm himself/others**************you know the answer to that statement.
In California it is called 5150 (72 hr hold) release can be sooner if cleared by psych eval, tests were based on OP's claims.

panzertanker

MedLegalNrs said:
The end result is the same. An emergency unit responding to a non-emergency where its resources are better placed answering an emergency call.
As well as at least one law enforcement person....

MedLegalNrs

panzertanker said:
I could not agree with you more. But as the OP has demonstrated, he has no insight to the ramifications of his act. He is just concerned that they did "unnecessary" tests, and now has to pay for them....
Forget the fact that he makes a statement that he has been kidnapped, recants, and is angry that the police/EMS/ED personnel did their job, correctly, and ensured his safety and the safety of others he nay have contact with that evening in the frame of mind he was in...
Your views are not contested. As ER practitioners, we all to often observe the story and complaint of the patient change 3-4 times or more. There is the initial story told to the RA, then the story told to law enforcement. Next, the story told to the triage RN. The story is told to the pri**** RN and then the story is relayed to the MD. The real story is frequently not anywhere close to what really occurred.

Whatever OP's complaint, since we were not there, IF the circumstances occurred as he alleges, those concerns are best addressed by counsel. Any good attorney, upon hearing the story, will know within the first 10 minutes if there is a basis to the complaint. It is to this end that OP was and is directed.

Last edited:

mc2math

panzertanker said:
Semantics mc2math.
If you had a friend tell you he was going to kill himself, then tell you he was just "joking", would you trust him to be OK and just go on your merry way??? You wouldn't if you were a good, responsible friend, so why is this any different?
:confused:
I will tell you why... You immaturely made a false statement, and now are angry because you have to pay monetary expenses as a result.
Yes, I do understand that I made a mistake - I made a false statement, and used emergency resources inappropiately - that was my mistake. I don't understand why I was lied to that I had to take blood/urine drug test or else I would not be released. ER MD saw me for a minute and placed me on hold - "non-negotiable". They could have waited until the psychologist came to clear me to do that.

BelizeBreeze

MedLegalNrs said:
Whatever OP's complaint, since we were not there, IF the circumstances occurred as he alleges, those concerns are best addressed by counsel. Any good attorney, upon hearing the story, will know within the first 10 minutes if there is a basis to the complaint. It is to this end that OP was and is directed.
I suggest you read ALL of this idiot's posts and see for yourself how he dodges the truth of each individual circumstance.

THEN you may not be so magnanimous with your advice.

MedLegalNrs

BelizeBreeze said:
I suggest you read ALL of this idiot's posts and see for yourself how he dodges the truth of each individual circumstance.

THEN you may not be so magnanimous with your advice.
The advice given is not the least bit magnanimous. It is devoid of any personal opinion. Yet, this neutrality does not imply the lack of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">