• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child car seat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

candi4687

confussed

jslopez711 said:
You have absolutely no idea on what the EX might do if he/she is caught beeing looked at by someone. What is your problem? You are telling OP to SPY at RISK. What the H***.
Why not get a pro to do this, perhaps sudgest the police to show up and verify, CPS? What if in the process of the OP getting footage the ex drives off and wrecks. Yeah, nice film but now you have a child hurt or worst, perhaps dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I guess that is OK to you because you got it all on film right? THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why put the child in danger to get film????? Why place the OP in danger because you don't know what the ex is going to react. Either way, it is not good!!!!
Your advice is wreckless.
The REAL question here is why should he get away with what ever his reason may be to put that child in danger EVERY day that he picks the child up w/o a car seat. Speaking from someone that TRUELY cares about their kids, We as parents will do ANYTHING, may I repeat ANYTHING, to keep our children out of harms way!! Why does that piss you off? :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx said:
You are an idiot!
It is more dangerous for OP to do nothing and wait for law enforcement to catch him. Don't be silly, they are not going to roll on the report of a car without a child protective seat, by the time they get there, he will be gone and what IAAL suggested is the simplest and most direct way to solve the problem, it documents the violation and can be taken immediately to the police and/or the court and solve the problem, toot sweet :D

Please read carefully, I did not say to WAIT for the police. What I meant is perhaps showing up WITH the police instead opf by herself with a camera Columbo!!! :D

rmet4nzkx

jslopez711 said:
Please read carefully, I did not say to WAIT for the police. What I meant is perhaps showing up WITH the police instead opf by herself with a camera Columbo!!! :D
Get real, you still have to call and wait for the police to come, have you ever called the police for any thing? In the time it takes to call the police, he will be gone because he doesn't have to spend any itme buckeling the child into the carrier. :rolleyes: The police won't just sit there and wait for him to come and pick up the child, unless they have some proof.

rmet4nzkx said:
Get real, you still have to call and wait for the police to come, have you ever called the police for any thing? In the time it takes to call the police, he will be gone because he doesn't have to spend any itme buckeling the child into the carrier. :rolleyes: The police won't just sit there and wait for him to come and pick up the child, unless they have some proof.
Ok.
How about sudgesting for the OP to perhaps offer her Car Seat until the father could buy one or something of the sorts. Or how about just being there when dad picks up jr. and offers her car seat for a while?

And I have called the police before. You can probably set this up ahead of time.

jslopez711 said:
Ok.
How about sudgesting for the OP to perhaps offer her Car Seat until the father could buy one or something of the sorts. Or how about just being there when dad picks up jr. and offers her car seat for a while?

And I have called the police before. You can probably set this up ahead of time.
~First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device. Next, the police will not sit and wait for the father to pick the child up, please wake up you are in a dream! Finally, yes record if you want him to correct the situation. You could also do what my fiance and I do since he picks our daughter up on nights that I get stuck at the office... leave the carseat at daycare when you drop the child off and have the teacher give it to the father when he picks the child up. Then, he can return the seat when he returns the child home. Then what is he going to do?? Tell the teacher "No, I don't use a restraining device"????????

Chelle0511 said:
~First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device. Next, the police will not sit and wait for the father to pick the child up, please wake up you are in a dream! Finally, yes record if you want him to correct the situation. You could also do what my fiance and I do since he picks our daughter up on nights that I get stuck at the office... leave the carseat at daycare when you drop the child off and have the teacher give it to the father when he picks the child up. Then, he can return the seat when he returns the child home. Then what is he going to do?? Tell the teacher "No, I don't use a restraining device"????????
I completely agree with leaving the restraining device with the teacher. And obiously I had better response from the Police than most of you guys, I'm sorry for that.

rmet4nzkx

Chelle0511 said:
~First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device.
There is no such requirement, where in the world did you get that idea? The day care can't have it's workers escourting, inspecting the vehicles and make sure the children are placed in appropriate child restraints. That is the parent's responsibility.

nextwife

Chelle0511 said:
~First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device.
I don't know about yourr day care, but nobody at the Y ever followed me out to the parking lot to see if I was putting my kid in her car seat.

rmet4nzkx said:
There is no such requirement, where in the world did you get that idea? The day care can't have it's workers escourting, inspecting the vehicles and make sure the children are placed in appropriate child restraints. That is the parent's responsibility.
~No, they don't have to follow the individual to the car. However if they see the individual not placing the child in a restraint it must be reported. However, after birth the hospital nurse followed us to the car to make we were using a proper restraining device.

rmet4nzkx

Chelle0511 said:
~No, they don't have to follow the individual to the car. However if they see the individual not placing the child in a restraint it must be reported. However, after birth the hospital nurse followed us to the car to make we were using a proper restraining device.
Those situations are different than you stated.

rmet4nzkx said:
Those situations are different than you stated.
Let's not make a debate of this, but I said... "First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device." I never said that they had to follow them out to the vehicle, simply that they had to report the situation if witnessed.

rmet4nzkx

Chelle0511 said:
Let's not make a debate of this, but I said... "First of all... it is the daycares responsibility to report a parent/anyone not placing a child in the proper restraining device." I never said that they had to follow them out to the vehicle, simply that they had to report the situation if witnessed.
You cannot defend an absolute statement "anyone", what you said and what you meant are too different things, A 3rd party cannot be held to a higher responsibility than the parent for the safety of the child, to have such a duty, the day care providers would have to monitor the loading and unloading of children. They don't have that duty.

Now they "may" according to applicable state law, have a duty to report when they "see" a child not properly restrained, but not, when a parent/anyone does so and not seen. So, it follows that if it is a properly run child care facility they will fulfill their duty to properly supervise the children under their direct care first, before monitoring the parents activities after collecting their children, resuming responsibility.

rmet4nzkx

BelizeBreeze said:
Since IAAL has given the poster the correct response in the VERY FIRST POST, this entire thread is irrelevant.
Of course, it was jslopez711 who acted the fool and Chelle0511 who invents nonexistant laws :rolleyes:
after all "One picture is worth a thousand words"

rmet4nzkx said:
Of course, it was jslopez711 who acted the fool and Chelle0511 who invents nonexistant laws :rolleyes:
after all "One picture is worth a thousand words"
~I'll let you have the last word as long as you promise that it makes you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">