• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisrain

That's not (ETA) what I mean - not utilizing parenting time is NOT a violation, although it could be a factor in a stepparent adoption filing. I mean - is she required to undergo drug treatment before she can see the kids, stuff like that.
The court order said to get stable housing, stable treatment, and to drop for the court. She hasn't not started or completed the first two. And she failed to drop for the court. Trying to figure out how to upload picture of my court order

Chrisrain

I've had custody since last August. Since then mother was supposed to set up supervised visits at a place I approved. I provided 5-6 church, family centers, and csb location. In over a year she hasn't set up or attempted one visit. She completely disregarded the court visitation schedule.. she recently called and said she was still attempting to set up a visit. And hasn't been able to for a year. If she stops lying and decides to finally set up a visit, do I have to allow my kids to go? She hasn't followed the court order. Do I have to because she is finally ready? My kids don't want to see her.. she is in active addiction. Any advice would help drastically. Thank you.
(link removed)
That link is to our court order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">