• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Living With Non-relative Caregiver Receiving no Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have waited almost 18 years without complaining. Now a time of happening comes and my mother benefits most from her friend's distress. She took advantage of us and evidently nothing can right that. I can become a better person than she will ever be but when does it start to become right?
I doubt that you've never complained in the past.

Just Blue

I have waited almost 18 years without complaining. Now a time of happening comes and my mother benefits most from her friend's distress. She took advantage of us and evidently nothing can right that. I can become a better person than she will ever be but when does it start to become right?
The "friend" that you live with is a, per your postings here, creep. Move in with a new "friend".

Just Blue

Never about this issue. I never gave it any thought until now.

She was a friend of my mother's through business. Overall a high class person and I feel very safe here.
A friend of your mother who bought booze and smokes with your child support money? :rolleyes:

Silverplum

Life is not fair. Learn that. Embrace it as Truth.

C-Vac

A friend of your mother who bought booze and smokes with your child support money? :rolleyes:
WOW that was apparently miscommunicated. Can you quote where I said that because that definitely did not happen.
My mother smokes and drinks with my money. My friend is actually allergic to alcohol and does not smoke.

Silverplum

Misunderstandings occur.

Such as the one YOU are STILL holding. Let's recap AGAIN:
1. CS is not for the child.
2. The child is nearly 18.
3. When the child is 18, s/he can do as s/he legally pleases.

WOW that was apparently miscommunicated. Can you quote where I said that because that definitely did not happen.
My mother smokes and drinks with my money. My friend is actually allergic to alcohol and does not smoke.

justalayman

Correction; she smokes and drinks with her money. For you to have money somebody would have to give it to you or you would have to earn it. So far you have said nothing about either happening.

C-Vac

Misunderstandings occur.

Such as the one YOU are STILL holding. Let's recap AGAIN:
1. CS is not for the child.
2. The child is nearly 18.
3. When the child is 18, s/he can do as s/he legally pleases.
I understand that completely. Legally she can do whatever she wants. It is not possible to go after the money.
Thank you in your endeavor to empower me with this information. I still feel horrible, though.

Just Blue

I mistyped. Your mother is the one who mishandled "your money". the friend of your mother is just that...Someone who would be a friend to such as your MOTHER.

C-Vac

She was a friend of my mother's through business.
the friend of your mother is just that...Someone who would be a friend to such as your MOTHER.
She needed someone to watch her dogs while on vacation a few years ago and my mother was looking for odd jobs. They later stayed in contact mostly because she was interested in a line of products my mother was selling for a MLM company.

justalayman

Can you answer me this;

How long have you been living with this friend?

You say the mother will not provide her address nor answer her phone yet you say she has harassed you and the friend through email. If you needed to contact your mother, why not use the email she has sent the emails from?

Oh Ya, you said you and friend wanted your mother to leave you alone.

I can't quite understand how you expect your mother to communicate with you or friend if you have taken the stand you do not want your mother to contact you?

What it sounds like is it is you that is avoiding your mothers attempts to speak with you. By chance does your mother want you to move in with her?

Just Blue

She needed someone to watch her dogs while on vacation a few years ago and my mother was looking for odd jobs. They later stayed in contact mostly because she was interested in a line of products my mother was selling for a MLM company.
At 17 you should be able to see the "friend" is a creep. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">