• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Living With Non-relative Caregiver Receiving no Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Vac

What it sounds like is it is you that is avoiding your mothers attempts to speak with you. By chance does your mother want you to move in with her?
Here are some of the email messages my mother has been sending to me (for clarity's sake):

1. "Gettin out n no wear 2 go ...ask [friend] if I give ger $ n do wat she says can I coke bsck please?!:gona die w/o u!"
She was kicked out of her rented room for not paying rent, begging for my friend to let her come back to live with us.

2. "Omg i was at new horizons n they dont let u text or email so i was sneakin it n thats y theres so many typos...Ok moving on but u can stil talk 2 me : ( n let me no how things r goin please?"
She was then kicked out of the mental health clinic for reasons unknown and pleading for me to talk to her.

3. "Im living in a hotel looking for a room and a job in case I lost [workplace] job...waiting for callbacks from all and if I spend all my $ on hotel gona end up in a homeless shelter! Please ask [friend] to forgive me and take me back so I can give her and you $ instead of hotel? Still didnt get child support $ : ("
My mother allegedly moved into a hotel out of desperation (this is where I would be living if I had gone with her).

Did I mention my mother is a 52 year old teenager? I suppose it still doesn't change the fact that she played the system and won for 17 years. She filed for bankruptcy in June so she has no credit. Living with our friend was her last option and she could not quit her addictions. The situation will right itself in due time.

justalayman

As of August 1st this year
so you are already 18 then. Stop your whining and step up and be the adult you want to claim you are.

BACKGROUND: I am the 17 year-old child of unmarried parents. For seventeen years, the mother has been collecting child support payments (originally a New York case, later transferred to Florida to increase amount paid) f
NOW: At the time of abandonment, the child was 17 years and 10 months old. The friend sought help from the county Family Law office to get custody of the child, the Sheriff Department's Victim's Advocate for references, Gu
and when was the abandonment?

Within the first day, all of these conditions were broken by the mother and she was told to leave. The child opted to stay in the friend's house rather than live in the same room as the mother in a flophouse she found on the internet that same day she moved out.
so, if you were 17 and 10 months as of Aug 1, we are now into October. That's two months. That makes you 18.

I thought there was an awful lot of activity, between all the places you have applied and appealed for services and your mother being booted from so many residences since this all started.

Last edited:

C-Vac

so you are already 18 then. Stop your whining and step up and be the adult you want to claim you are.
I will be 18 years old later this month. It does not change the fact that I had to suffer two unproductive months when I could have already had my GED and hopefully been considered for job positions and applying for scholarships to further my education. Two months does not seem like much but you are not in my position here. I've been burning a hole in my own pocket here. Literally unable to work or attend class until that magic day when I will be an adult.

Silverplum

I will be 18 years old later this month. It does not change the fact that I had to suffer two unproductive months when I could have already had my GED and hopefully been considered for job positions and applying for scholarships to further my education. Two months does not seem like much but you are not in my position here. I've been burning a hole in my own pocket here. Literally unable to work or attend class until that magic day when I will be an adult.
So. Let's recap:

C-Vac wants attention.
We gave him some.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Patience is the hallmark of maturity.

C-Vac

Patience is the hallmark of maturity.
Let me restate my situation by putting it into the third person.

There is currently a child with no parents having anything to do with him, living with someone he just met. This non-legal guardian is spending her own savings taking care of the child and the government will not give any aid which was promised to them from the beginning of the case. The child is extremely patient but his guardian runs out of money while waiting for his right to do things on his own. The guardian indirectly supports the mother by caring for her child while she smokes and drinks her life away.

Patience is a virtue, but everything has exceptions. If you still think I'm trying to get attention then ignore me. I am a child who needs to become an adult and seeks to learn more about what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">