• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support After 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks. I corrected the link.

The error in the link was that “legis” was autocorrected to “legos.” “Levi’s” is another common autocorrect for “legis.” I hate autocorrect. Haha. :)
In answer to your question (thanks for the links) an order is not still in effect if ONLY ARREARS are being collected.

bcr229

In June of 2018 my child support obligation ended when he turned 18. In June of 2019 he was diagnosed with cancer. Now in August of 2020 he is 20yrs old, ex wife is asking for more child support. Is that possible? I am paying arrears off now.
When you say she is asking for more child support, are you just getting requests from her via mail/phone/text/email/etc. or did she actually serve you with another CS order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">