• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Choice or murder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shay-Pari'e

Yup. Seinfeld's final episode was about the Good Samaritan law.

The show took some liberties with it, however, as the Good Samaritan law in Massachusetts does apply to a situation like the one described in the show (which was supposed to have occurred in the fictional town of Latham), and would not result in prison time in most situations, either.

The proposed New Jersey law has actually been dubbed the "Seinfeld bill".

(I seem awfully willing to answer these "bizarroooo" questions, huh?)
You deserve the "Free Advice.com Crown for the day"

Perky

A little off-topic, but when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was an abortion debate. I avoided it for a while for that reason.

quincy

I would have avoided it, too.

By the way, thanks for the crown, Shay, and the compliment, Perroloco! I will include flattering portraits of you both in my Vermont-based fictional novel of murder and intrigue and the Good Samaritan law. ;) :) :D

Shay-Pari'e

I would have avoided it, too.

By the way, thanks for the crown, Shay, and the compliment, Perroloco! I will include flattering portraits of you both in my Vermont-based fictional novel of murder and intrigue and the Good Samaritan law. ;) :) :D

Just don 't make us the murder victims,lol.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">