• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizen of another country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwives

Washington
He filed for divorce and was granted but im a philippine citizen that time and same with the ex. Is the divorce valid?

Last edited:

Proserpina

Washington
I filed for divorce and was granted but im not a citizen of the united states that time? Is the divorce valid?:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Haven't read your post history, but I obtained a divorce in the US; I'm a permanent resident (in other words, I'm NOT a citizen) and my ex is a US citizen.

It's all legal.

nwives

Haven't read your post history, but I obtained a divorce in the US; I'm a permanent resident (in other words, I'm NOT a citizen) and my ex is a US citizen.

It's all legal.
Im a permanent resident and my ex is a Philippine citizen.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How come in another post it is YOUR husband's EX who is a phillipine citizen and your hubby who is a citizen here?

So why are you lying to us?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect this is Dad's new wife. When I read her original thread the other day, it was clear that she's not a native English speaker.

Still and all, it would be nice if people could just be honest. :eek:

nwives

How come in another post it is YOUR husband's EX who is a phillipine citizen and your hubby who is a citizen here?

So why are you lying to us?
Don't jump into conclusion that I am lying. There's a lot of going on in the relationship he have in the past. Just an advice is all I need. Ok. Let me start this and all I say here is true.

In 2002, man went to the philippines to visit his mom. He's Philippine Citizen that time. He met this woman from his mom and got her pregnant that night. It all started one night stand and after that night he never dated that woman. The man came back to the United States and never had a communication with the woman. After a couple of months, his mom called him and told him that he got the woman pregnant. His mom told him to marry the woman, because its a sin not to marry a woman when he got her pregnant. The man told his mom, he don't want to marry the woman but his mom keep calling him about it and that his mom said, you will learn to love her. Just for the sake of the child. He told his mom, do what you want to do mom, i already told you that I don't love her. Then thats the time, his mom did all she can just to get them marry. The woman and her sister made a marriage contract without his presence and without his signature. His mom and the woman decided to just copy his signature. His mom signed the marriage contract. The woman and her sister did all the work to make it valid. The woman's sister worked at a City Council in the Philippines. They had it signed by a Reverend, and had it registered at the National Statistics Office (Like Census). Money makes it possible in the Philippines. So, if you ask me why did he claim it after all.... It's because his mom was part of the fraud. he didn't want his mom to be in trouble.
The man wanted to end the fraud marriage so he filed for divorce in Nevada. He was still Philippine sitizen at that time. While browsing the internet, we found out that a filipino citizen cannot get a divorce in the United States and the The Divorce is not valid under Philippine Law. He is still a Filipino citizen even though he has a legal permanent status in the U.S. As a Filipino citizen, the Family Code of the Philippines should be followed on how marriage is dissolved.
We found out recently that the divorce is void. We don't know now, what steps we should take. We are looking for a lawyer that will really help us regarding this situation.
We wanted a modification for child support too. But then, if the divorce decree is void, there is no thing to use the divorce decree for the amount of support.
We are planning to file a case in the Philippines since the fraud happened there. Can I bring the court order here in the United States?
We just need an advice. This case is really serious. When the man gets back from deployment, we will start this case and hire the best lawyer who will help us with this. Thank you very much. :confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Don't jump into conclusion that I am lying. There's a lot of going on in the relationship he have in the past. Just an advice is all I need. Ok. Let me start this and all I say here is true.

In 2002, man went to the philippines to visit his mom. He's Philippine Citizen that time. He met this woman from his mom and got her pregnant that night. It all started one night stand and after that night he never dated that woman. The man came back to the United States and never had a communication with the woman. After a couple of months, his mom called him and told him that he got the woman pregnant. His mom told him to marry the woman, because its a sin not to marry a woman when he got her pregnant. The man told his mom, he don't want to marry the woman but his mom keep calling him about it and that his mom said, you will learn to love her. Just for the sake of the child. He told his mom, do what you want to do mom, i already told you that I don't love her. Then thats the time, his mom did all she can just to get them marry. The woman and her sister made a marriage contract without his presence and without his signature. His mom and the woman decided to just copy his signature. His mom signed the marriage contract. The woman and her sister did all the work to make it valid. The woman's sister worked at a City Council in the Philippines. They had it signed by a Reverend, and had it registered at the National Statistics Office (Like Census). Money makes it possible in the Philippines. So, if you ask me why did he claim it after all.... It's because his mom was part of the fraud. he didn't want his mom to be in trouble.
The man wanted to end the fraud marriage so he filed for divorce in Nevada. He was still Philippine sitizen at that time. While browsing the internet, we found out that a filipino citizen cannot get a divorce in the United States and the The Divorce is not valid under Philippine Law. He is still a Filipino citizen even though he has a legal permanent status in the U.S. As a Filipino citizen, the Family Code of the Philippines should be followed on how marriage is dissolved.
We found out recently that the divorce is void. We don't know now, what steps we should take. We are looking for a lawyer that will really help us regarding this situation.
We wanted a modification for child support too. But then, if the divorce decree is void, there is no thing to use the divorce decree for the amount of support.
We are planning to file a case in the Philippines since the fraud happened there. Can I bring the court order here in the United States?
We just need an advice. This case is really serious. When the man gets back from deployment, we will start this case and hire the best lawyer who will help us with this. Thank you very much. :confused:
You are lying and did lie in this thread. YOU didn't file for divorce.
Washington
I filed for divorce and was granted but im a philippine citizen that time and same with the ex. Is the divorce valid?
HE filed for divorce. This was NOT your situation or your marriage. Hence you mislead EVERYONE on here with your shenanigans. You should have told the truth. And the divorce which was granted in the US is valid in the US. YOU have no standing in a US court case. As for the rest, that is under the other country's law. But you did lie.

Silverplum

We don't need you to keep making new threads, and we certainly don't appreciate it when it's obvious you are lying from one thread to another about who you are in the story. And a "story" it is.

We already know this story from when you posted in "Child Support" about getting your husband's child support payment lowered because you think that, in the Philippines, Mom doesn't need that much money to raise his child.

:rolleyes:

So here's the advice again: there's nothing you can do; it's not your business; go read your first thread again.

nwives

You are lying and did lie in this thread. YOU didn't file for divorce.

HE filed for divorce. This was NOT your situation or your marriage. Hence you mislead EVERYONE on here with your shenanigans. You should have told the truth. And the divorce which was granted in the US is valid in the US. YOU have no standing in a US court case. As for the rest, that is under the other country's law. But you did lie.
Oh ok. Because I said "I," and not he. Sorry for using incorrect word.

Just wanted an advice. Just an advice is what I am asking for. Thank you very much!

nwives

Just wanted an advice is all I am asking for.

We don't need you to keep making new threads, and we certainly don't appreciate it when it's obvious you are lying from one thread to another about who you are in the story. And a "story" it is.

We already know this story from when you posted in "Child Support" about getting your husband's child support payment lowered because you think that, in the Philippines, Mom doesn't need that much money to raise his child.

So here's the advice again: there's nothing you can do; it's not your business; go read your first thread again.
This is a free advice right? I can ask whatever question I want to ask. After searching the net last night, we found out that the divorce is void. I am not being rude to you, I just wanted an advice.

Silverplum

This is a free advice right? I can ask whatever question I want to ask. After searching the net last night, we found out that the divorce is void. I am not being rude to you, I just wanted an advice.
We don't like posts all over the place. Why should we deal with a post in the child support section AND a post in the divorce section? Why should we deal with you at all, considering it's not your business anyway?

You can ask all you want. We can answer or not answer.

nwives

We don't like posts all over the place. Why should we deal with a post in the child support section AND a post in the divorce section? Why should we deal with you at all, considering it's not your business anyway?

You can ask all you want. We can answer or not answer.
I am sorry. It's just that the topic is about divorce and the other topic is about child support. But anyways, thank you very much for letting me know this. God bless you.

mistoffolees

This is a free advice right? I can ask whatever question I want to ask. After searching the net last night, we found out that the divorce is void.
Based on what?

It's certainly not void because one of them isn't a citizen (as one example above showed). If they met the requirements for the state to grant a divorce, then the state can grant a divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">