• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizen of another country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This is a free advice right? I can ask whatever question I want to ask. After searching the net last night, we found out that the divorce is void. I am not being rude to you, I just wanted an advice.
Cool. Then your husband is a bigamist and has committed a felony. That crime will find him being kicked out of the military and possibly imprisoned. If the divorce is void, your husband is still married to his "ex-wife" and also married to you.

BRAVO! Of course considering the less than honest individuals involved in your life, that seems fitting.

LdiJ

Based on what?

It's certainly not void because one of them isn't a citizen (as one example above showed). If they met the requirements for the state to grant a divorce, then the state can grant a divorce.
I agree with this. If Nevada granted him a divorce, he is divorced as far as US law is concerned.

However, it IS true that the Phillipines might not recognize the divorce, particularly if his "wife" there will not cooperate. However, unless he intends to live in the Phillipines again, its not his problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">