• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College educated combat passed over for job by civilian (job stated vets preference)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

Never-mind qualifying your first remark with anything of substance, it's 100% spot on for everyone in attendance.

Yes, the prayer will help, thank you. Never-mind understanding the sociological issues/underlying causal factors, knowing Eddy Bernays and his ilk, or how a basic PSYOP works. Leave it all up to archaic superstition (that belongs more in the neolithic) and the xenophobic dialectic (nationalism/tribalism) that are driven by the faceless market economy.

I made a bad assumption, and it took me way to long to understand it. I assumed that this forum would be full of academically oriented folks... my bad.
Some here are quite academic. Some are experienced laypeople. Some are attorneys.

All volunteers. All contribute in their way.

avssuc

Some here are quite academic. Some are experienced laypeople. Some are attorneys.

All volunteers. All contribute in their way.
-The combination of this and civility would be nice

-Have dominated this thread, and it's hard to believe that they don't drive every thread

-"Contribution" eh, not to evoke Godwin, but Hitler was a contributor (hyperbole intended)

avssuc

Surely in all this mess, likely on page 1, you were told that you don't have a right to an explanation or a job??

That's the legal answer.
Indeed. It's the fine line I'm after, the one that does exist, the one that a qualified legal expert might be able to advise me on. Without proof of my OP suspicions though, it's like pissing in the wind.

I suppose after my unemployment benefits run out (assuming my employment search continues as it has), I'll visit the assistance center for help... and see for myself if the person hired over me is a veteran. I might even be able to ascertain what level of education and experience they possess. Perhaps then, if my suspicions are confirmed, I'll seek someone versed in the law, and not a gaggle of people that have watched too much Judge Judy.

OHRoadwarrior

Dude, you have a place in this work force. The spot you wanted was really not a good fit in spite of what you believe. Explore the USAJOBS site and you will likely find many jobs you can work well in. Also try ABILITY jobs it is specifically for the disabled. I sympathize as you had your heart set on this job, that not the job for someone who can fire off on a light trigger.

Proserpina

Indeed. It's the fine line I'm after, the one that does exist, the one that a qualified legal expert might be able to advise me on. Without proof of my OP suspicions though, it's like pissing in the wind.

I suppose after my unemployment benefits run out (assuming my employment search continues as it has), I'll visit the assistance center for help... and see for myself if the person hired over me is a veteran. I might even be able to ascertain what level of education and experience they possess. Perhaps then, if my suspicions are confirmed, I'll seek someone versed in the law, and not a gaggle of people that have watched too much Judge Judy.
You still don't see it, do you?

I sincerely hope you get the help you need.

Proserpina

I'd like to ask one if I may...

Do you believe that she should be hired over a civilian based on her sacrifice (for jobs that advertise veterans preference, assuming she has equal educational achievement), or do you think veterans preference is a load?
I would expect fairness. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm deeply saddened by this thread. Deeply saddened.

avssuc

You still don't see it, do you?

I sincerely hope you get the help you need.
Scathing condensation with Pavlovian gratitude... gosh... what to say...

-What help is it that you think I need?

-What service do you think I performed for our section of land marked by invisible lines? [<<<serious question open to anyone]

At what point do the words end and actions begin? I've been waiting 5 months for treatment at the VA. In the time I've been waiting, one good friend killed himself (right before Thanksgiving) leaving his beautiful wife, kids, and all of his friends, while another tried (early this year, but we got together as a network of friends to track him down and stop it). 22 vets off themselves every day, so this is hardly news. Oddly enough, the thanks, prayers, and good wishes 'were and are' everywhere. Boil it down though and all you have are euphemisms for doing nothing so that those without direct contact can sleep well knowing they typed it, said it, or put it on their tree or car. But again, you're doing as instructed, is it really your fault?

Yes, it is. The majority of Americans couldn't be bothered to research a modicum of what it takes to embrace the terrible reality, some are too washed or feeble minded to grasp, while many of the rest narcissistically embrace the system. Only a small few understand the system based causal factors in all the horrors forced on billions around the globe.

How ghoulish does one have to be to pass off this trite BS? The thank yous, thoughts, and prayers... it's rubbish, all of it. Not just for the vets, but for the victims of violent conflict on the other side, the future vets, and the future victims. Ignorance, deflection, and anything that will help you sleep at night is all I see. Sleep for me, well, sleep is something I worry about... since I never know what it will produce. I have a nice recliner that my late father (also a war vet) left for me that's good for sleeping. I sleep in it 'and not' next to my wife and son, just so I don't terrify them in their sleeping hours anymore.

But enough of that nonsense, please go back to your regularly scheduled forum trolling. The brand that takes very little effort, zero academic prowess, a quick wit, and no soul. Have at it folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">