• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concerns about CPS and school!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janM

And I'm bothered by this as well. Mom is now insisting that the child presented all of the signs of a UTI - and that's the first thing the nurse should have assumed was going on. But Mom has not taken the child to the doctor.
As a social worker, and a mom, she should know that's the first thing she should have done. Abuse or not.

Mom did not assume UTI when the child expressed pain/bleeding the next day - at that point, Mom assumed genital injury, due to extreme rubbing of the genital area.
Since when does a UTI cause that kind of pain externally? When she went potty, yes, it would. But from soap?

But the nurse's assessment that the child's expressed pain/bleeding/etc were due to genital injury was somehow crazy.
If she was that sensitive to touch (and soap) she would not have rubbed herself like that. If she were itching, maybe.

I am a little creaped out by what you just said. I feel like calling Indiana and telling them someone named Christy, social worker, who had her 5 year old removed from school, needs to be further investingated. Something is wrong.
Agreed.

LdiJ

I want to repeat something that I said earlier:

I actually find the scenario very plausible. We didn't have gentle body washes and things like that when I was a child, we had just soap. I can remember numerous times having my private parts burning after a bath (from washing myself without any help) and I remember doing a lot of rubbing of the burning area too.
I am STILL sensitive to various forms of soaps making contact with that area. I have to be careful.

I agree with everyone else that mom simply does not "get" the responsibilities of a mandated reporter such as a school nurse, which is more than a bit disappointing.

Personally, I think that she is so upset about the embarrissment/upheaval/trauma to her family that she is not thinking straight.
I think perhaps that what is the most upsetting to her, even if she doesn't realize it, is the fact that she is going to have to continue to deal with the people that called CPS on her family...at least as long as her child attends that school.

cyjeff

Let me tell you what the OP was worried about.

Her daughter's vaginal bleeding? Nope, that can wait.
Her JOB due to the nurse's report? Yup, that involves a call to the state authorities on a weekend to make sure the story is straight.

The OP is worried about her job and rep more than her child... actions speak louder than words.

THIS is why she is so hacked off by a mandatory reporter making a report... she looks like a moron that lives with an abuser without realizing it.

She came here to work out the story she is going to give her boss on Monday... about why CPS was called to her house after her daughter showed distinct signs of sexual abuse and she did NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">