• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court Proceedings Over Opposite-Sex Overnight Visit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProSeDadinMD

I did not file against him bc he did so prior to us coming to an agreement w that clause in it and when I brought it up at the time of court when we came to the agreement his excuse was that they were engaged so it was fine. I should have had it worded to inclUde married or engaged so that was my mistake... .
So, you are stating that you would have made married or engaged cohabitation a violation of the order? If so, you'd be SOL either way, long term.

When you went to court, and he had already done so with his fiancee, why didn't you ask for that section to be removed? At that point, the only one being affected by it was you.

LdiJ

So, you are stating that you would have made married or engaged cohabitation a violation of the order? If so, you'd be SOL either way, long term.

When you went to court, and he had already done so with his fiancee, why didn't you ask for that section to be removed? At that point, the only one being affected by it was you.
She meant that she would make being engaged as NOT a violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">