• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProSeDadinMD

Been there and seen it all.:)
Even if I was a relative who is Dads neighbor it wouldn't change to a satisfying answer for you.
Possibly not, but by not being honest about this, it casts a shadow over everything else you say.
When you meet someone who has to fight teeth and nails for his kids you will understand one day.
I met somebody like that once. Me. Because that’s what you are supposed to do when you are a parent.
You have to fight the law, your X, your job, everything because you want to see your kids and you are given something to stand by and all along their hoping You are the one to screw up, but you dont.
If you have to fight your JOB to see your kids, it’s time for a new employer.
So you wait and when the rope is handed out you pray the other person hangs themselves, after digging their own hole. You dont want a fight but you get pushed and pushed to fight. .
Again, I met somebody like that once…
Your own mother cant be trusted and thinks she deserves to see your kids before you, because your Dad so happened to keep you and your sister from your mom, just as now as your X is doing.
But your Mother plays the devils advocate and has no support. She sees the relationship you have with your father and that plays against you.
I think when you see someone is this position you will understand where I am coming from.
Again, not far from the mark for me(and it's not legally significant, so it doesn't really matter anyway), but none of this helps with your credibility.

Then again, maybe I’m just feeling litigious today…

jaxpink

All the letter 'proves' as evidence is that Dad wrote a letter to Mom. Dad could write whatever he wanted in that letter & send it CCR, it doesn't necessarily mean it proves anything.

His lawyer did tell him he could send letters prior and that if she was not home or anything for him to see the kids leave a note to it shows he was there. She did say he could send notes about things to keep the calls at a minimum and to keep track fo things so Im sure this would fall into that category. But thanks for the heads up!

jaxpink

Possibly not, but by not being honest about this, it casts a shadow over everything else you say.

I met somebody like that once. Me. Because that’s what you are supposed to do when you are a parent.

Again, not far from the mark for me(and it's not legally significant, so it doesn't really matter anyway), but none of this helps with your credibility.

Just because you are Pro Se does not always mean you have to fight. Sometimes it takes an order emailed, faxed or mailed and its that simple. I dont know how hard you fought, but if you had to fight hard you will understand :)
Thanks

jaxpink

His job was wonderful about it, but yes he had to change jobs and take a huge paycut, so he did what he had to do!

jaxpink

No its not legally significant just another obstacle!

jaxpink

"Possibly not, but by not being honest about this, it casts a shadow over everything else you say." Quote

Well not if I am not giving any false information!!
I am giving it to you as it lays!

casa

His lawyer did tell him he could send letters prior and that if she was not home or anything for him to see the kids leave a note to it shows he was there. She did say he could send notes about things to keep the calls at a minimum and to keep track fo things so Im sure this would fall into that category. But thanks for the heads up!
How does leaving a note at mom's residence PROVE he was there? (which she can simply throw away - or it could blow away - or kids could find it & fold it into paper airplanes, etc. etc.) :cool:

I find it difficult to believe an attorney would advise he 'write a note & leave it at Mom's as proof he was there' :rolleyes: He could CALL (cell/phone records) or purchase something at a convenience store by Mom's (proof he was in the area at that day/time), or even better contact local P.D. about filing a report of the denial.

jaxpink

How does leaving a note at mom's residence PROVE he was there? (which she can simply throw away - or it could blow away - or kids could find it & fold it into paper airplanes, etc. etc.) :cool:

I find it difficult to believe an attorney would advise he 'write a note & leave it at Mom's as proof he was there' :rolleyes: He could CALL (cell/phone records) or purchase something at a convenience store by Mom's (proof he was in the area at that day/time), or even better contact local P.D. about filing a report of the denial.
See thats why I thought, but his Lawyer said try to not call the cops so much. Anyways she had Dad drive there and leave a note and She might have said leave a copy for himself, but what he did was take a picture of the note on the door. He took several pics to show what was written. The first time she did it Dad was actually at his attorneys office where right there and then his Lawyer called Moms attorney to leave a message no one was home.
There is a police report that day.

casa

See thats why I thought, but his Lawyer said try to not call the cops so much. Anyways she had Dad drive there and leave a note and She might have said leave a copy for himself, but what he did was take a picture of the note on the door. He took several pics to show what was written. The first time she did it Dad was actually at his attorneys office where right there and then his Lawyer called Moms attorney to leave a message no one was home.
There is a police report that day.
That is confusing, convoluted & overkill. *IMO* :cool: A police report detailing that he was denied visitation is all that's needed.

A picture of a note on a door? Come on...could be ANYone's door, could have been taken at ANY time...etc, etc.

Attorney told Dad not to call the police so much~ because this entire family resembles a Jerry Springer episode. :rolleyes:

jaxpink

That is confusing, convoluted & overkill. *IMO* :cool: A police report detailing that he was denied visitation is all that's needed.

A picture of a note on a door? Come on...could be ANYone's door, could have been taken at ANY time...etc, etc.

Attorney told Dad not to call the police so much~ because this entire family resembles a Jerry Springer episode. :rolleyes:
Actually Dad had never called them prior to this. She jsut said when you need them you dont want to have been a caller so much too them. :)

jaxpink

Actually the cell phone keeps date and time.

casa

Actually Dad had never called them prior to this. She jsut said when you need them you dont want to have been a caller so much too them. :)
You are saying an attorney is telling Dad "not to call the cops so much"... and in the next breath saying Dad never called before. There are SO MANY things that don't add up in this case.

DAD and his attorney should be handling this~ Not his neighbor :cool:

majomom1

Actually the cell phone keeps date and time.
You could place the note, take a picture and then remove the note. This brings you back to mom's word against dad's regarding the note.

The police report is a third party and would be more reliable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">