• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County program denying me of something I have a right to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisabledGeek89

They also dropped this on me before I had time to talk it over with like minded people and get the vaccine should I decided to. That is also not right.

Maymee

We are in a pandemic. Have been since 2020. Vaccines have been available for the near entirety of 2021. You’ve had plenty of time to decide whether to get it or not. They had zero obligation to tell you ahead of time to get vaccinated if you’re planning on being in a large group of people. Nor did they need to give you time to get together with “like minded” others. They probably told you last minute so insanity such as that wouldn’t happen because it’s ridiculous and time wasting to try to help someone who wants to make a political statement with death or lifelong ailments.

If this is a religious thing as you claim, please quote the scripture(s) that prohibit you from being vaccinated. Also, have you received the MMR, polio, or other vaccines? If the answer to the latter is yes, just go get vaxxed already.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Getting vaccinated conflicts with my beliefs. (I am a Christian conservative) Its both religious and political discrimination. The event is a social gathering form a program for mental health from the country. The director told me I could not go. Which is not right at all.
Wrong. Christians are supposed to love their neighbor as themselves. They are also supposed to be their brother's keeper (which means protecting them). Plus many GOP (even MAGAts such as MTG and Boebert) have been vaccinated. So nope. You can't go and it is NOT illegal discrimination.

zddoodah

Getting vaccinated conflicts with my beliefs. (I am a Christian conservative) Its both religious and political discrimination.
There's nothing about being a Christian (conservative or otherwise) that is contrary to getting vaccines (although some denominations teach against it). And I have no idea what you mean by "political discrimination" in this context. That said, religious exemptions are often available.

The event is a social gathering form a program for mental health from the country.
Huh? What country (or did you mean "the country" as opposed to "the city")?

The director told me I could not go. Which is not right at all.
In your original post, you said that you believed you "have a right to" attend this "social gathering." Why do you think you have that right?

They also dropped this on me before I had time to talk it over with like minded people and get the vaccine should I decided to. That is also not right.
Again, huh? Why do you need to speak with "like minded people"? And why have you dodged the questions about your particular religion?

Also, when is this even going to take place (or when did it take place)? How did you become aware of the event? When and how did you become aware that you could not attend without being vaccinated?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not all or even most Episcopals are anti-vax. In fact, I found a list of religions that are NOT anti-vax which included Episcopalians.
The official US Episcopalian Church position is pro-vaccine.

https://www.episcopalchurch.org/ministries/office-government-relations/covid-vaccine-toolkit/

“The Executive Council recognizes no claim of theological or religious exemption from vaccination for our members and reiterates the spirit of General Convention policies that Episcopalians should seek the counsel of experienced medical professionals, scientific research, and epidemiological evidence.”

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Episcopalian

Anyway I might go the route of a protest rally. Get fellow Conservatives to protest not just this incident but vax mandates.
Hope your church doesn't require a vaccine card like this NYC church: https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org/2021/09/16/some-episcopal-cathedrals-and-churches-begin-requiring-proof-of-vaccination-to-attend-services/

Guess you're too conservative for Trump: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-booed-alabama-rally-after-telling-supporters-get-vaccinated-n1277404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">