• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County program denying me of something I have a right to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zddoodah

Would it be legal to protest near the event?
Define near? Will you be protesting on private or public property? If the former, will you have permission from the property owner? If the latter, you'll likely need a permit from the municipality. Since you didn't identify the municipality where this will occur, no one has any way of knowing whether you can get a permit before the 15th.

What is so great about this event that it's worth all this rigamarole?

DisabledGeek89

According to some sites I can protest WITHOUT a permit if we stay on the sidewalks and follow pedestrian law. I am ok with that. I just want Arlington County to know what they are doing is wrong.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
According to some sites I can protest WITHOUT a permit if we stay on the sidewalks and follow pedestrian law. I am ok with that. I just want Arlington County to know what they are doing is wrong.
Wrong? According to who? You? Dude, you are on the wrong side of history. Bet you also think there was election fraud and Trump is still president.

quincy

Nothing wrong with exercising my constitutional rights.
Right. There is nothing wrong with exercising your constitutional rights. But in exercising your rights, be aware that you are not the only one with rights. A business, for example, has the right to require its patrons wear shirts, shoes and masks, and require patrons have a ticket and/or a vaccination card to enter.

Following is a link to Virginia’s ACLU with information for you to read. Note that the copyright date is 2018 - and a LOT of things have happened since then (like a pandemic).

“Permitting Demonstrations: Guiding Principles:”

https://acluva.org/sites/default/files/white_paper_final.pdf

Please get vaccinated, DisabledGeek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">