• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Modifications/Contempt of Court/Unsupervised/3rd Degree Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlmart02

You HAVE to respond to his motion. You HAVE to do this properly, using the correct format and language. This response will need to be filed with the court.

You state that his trial is scheduled for a week before your hearing. If this is true, then it will be over and done with before your hearing. If it's not, you need to show up for the hearing and request a continuance pending the outcome of his trial.

You NEED an attorney. Sell a kidney.
Okay his trial Is a week AFTER our hearing....

Yeh I will go after classes and talk to an attorny
Only income I have is my child support and he wants that back so....
If I lose that I have to move and quit school I can't go to school work with everything else...
( personal reasons of hypothyroid )

Okay his trial Is a week AFTER our hearing....

Yeh I will go after classes and talk to an attorny
Only income I have is my child support and he wants that back so....
If I lose that I have to move and quit school I can't go to school work with everything else...
( personal reasons of hypothyroid )
Ever thought about getting a job?

Yes I'm gonna get a summer job while classes are out...
I got my two boys and full time school...
If I work as well I will have hardly any time with them as well as no energy.
Not a good excuse.
Single parents exhaust themselves every day working, going to school, and taking care of the kids.
The CS is to support them, not you.
You are responsible to financially support yourself and them as well.
It's great your going to school to better your situation, but when your finished, you'll have nothing to offer on a resume with very little work history.
I'm sure you can find something part-time.

nlmart02

Not a good excuse.
Single parents exhaust themselves every day working, going to school, and taking care of the kids.
The CS is to support them, not you.
You are responsible to financially support yourself and them as well.
It's great your going to school to better your situation, but when your finished, you'll have nothing to offer on a resume with very little work history.
I'm sure you can find something part-time.
oh yeh I would love to work
the support I get gets their dipers and stuff as well as bills. I spent a year getting into housing so I could get to town to go to school. I walk there and back I can't afford a car. I have looked and looked I have talked to everyone I know about selling one on payments for me and no luck.

if I could find something weekends That would be awsome.

I really don't want to get into personal reasons thats not why I am here but I know these questions are gonna come up.

nlmart02

Have you looked into on-line classes?
Yes I have, I am Dyslexic It's really hard for me to comprehend like that. I stay after at the labs with a tutor to help me better. Basiclly if the problem of anything is done in front of me like math. I can do it from there...

It's more affective for me to go to the university. there for I do better.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Yes I'm gonna get a summer job while classes are out...
I got my two boys and full time school...
If I work as well I will have hardly any time with them as well as no energy.
I worked a job that requiered 70 or 80 hours a week...plus cared for my home and raised my children...It's hard but you do what you need to do...Child support is not intended as a replacement for you working, that is just unfair to the NCP to expect him to support you!

You brought two children into this world, and you need to care for them.

nlmart02

How can I postpone the hearing untill after his trial ( trail a week after hearing is set )?

How would I get the motion who would I talk to Power of attorney? Judge?
can I just call and say I need time to get a lawyer and ask for postpone-ment untill I do?

What would be the best way to go about this?

Last edited:

ceara19

How can I postpone the hearing untill after his trial ( trail a week after hearing is set )?

can I just call and say I need time to get a lawyer and ask for postpone-ment untill I do?

You need to file a PROPERLY worded answer to the petition with the court. I seriously doubt that you will be able to accomplish this without an attorney, as you have yet to post a properly worded SENTENCE.

GrowUp!

How many times have you been told already?? :rolleyes:
The rules of procedures/statutes in your state dictate the amount of time required to respond to a motion.

Just because he has a lawyer does not automatically entitle you to one. Nor is the court going to care why you chose not to retain legal representation. Have you even consulted with attorneys at all? You keep making excuses, but the reason you can not afford one is because you are not working. You not working, hence having no money is your problem -- nobody else's. Have you utilized any services in your community for job placement if you are dyslexic? The amount of support he pays you is HIS PORTION towards the necessities of the child. You are legally required to provide the rest. When you have children, some things like returning to school and might have to be put on hold because your child(ren) REQUIRE your support. Clearly, you are choosing yourself over them.

You could try to motion the court for a continuance, but you have to follow court rules and/or civil procedures on that. Plus, you need good reason for it. You can try that you are trying to seek counsel. You can also try because of his other trial (but you would have to show how it's relevant). But depending on how long it's been on the docket, it might get shot down as well.

You best start googling your court rules, state statutes and rules of procedure because you WILL be held to the same standard as an attorney since you chose to represent yourself. And if you don't follow the rules, expect the other parent's attorney to ask the court to shoot yours down.

nlmart02

How many times have you been told already?? :rolleyes:
The rules of procedures/statutes in your state dictate the amount of time required to respond to a motion.

Just because he has a lawyer does not automatically entitle you to one. Nor is the court going to care why you chose not to retain legal representation. Have you even consulted with attorneys at all? You keep making excuses, but the reason you can not afford one is because you are not working. You not working, hence having no money is your problem -- nobody else's. Have you utilized any services in your community for job placement if you are dyslexic? The amount of support he pays you is HIS PORTION towards the necessities of the child. You are legally required to provide the rest. When you have children, some things like returning to school and might have to be put on hold because your child(ren) REQUIRE your support. Clearly, you are choosing yourself over them.

You could try to motion the court for a continuance, but you have to follow court rules and/or civil procedures on that. Plus, you need good reason for it. You can try that you are trying to seek counsel. You can also try because of his other trial (but you would have to show how it's relevant). But depending on how long it's been on the docket, it might get shot down as well.

You best start googling your court rules, state statutes and rules of procedure because you WILL be held to the same standard as an attorney since you chose to represent yourself. And if you don't follow the rules, expect the other parent's attorney to ask the court to shoot yours down.

I have not choose to represent myself... I need to get a postpone-ment untill I can get my lawyer.

I appriciate your alls help and whatever.

nlmart02

Update

Hey everyone here to update you guys now.

I got out of court today the 3rd degree rape charge that he has made a Hugh Impact on his case.

It was ruled for supervised visitations at social services dept.
Depending on his trial it shall be forwarded to every saturday and ever other sunday!!!!!!

Oh and his mother made LOTS of alligations on me trying to get back with him and harrasing him and all kinds of lies.....

When something went a way she didn't like she would throw up something as though I was doing this and that....

Last edited:

nlmart02

So now it's later on down the road they were ordered for house reviewing from social services and drug testings, well what if they didn't go do the drug testing he told me he wasn't going to watch his dad go to jail they had called and said him and his mother and father needed to be there in a hour to do the drug test but they didn't go because his dad wasn't going to take it due to him smoking.... what will happen to them now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">