• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody questions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Why post something I posted 8 months ago???:confused:

I am a totally different person doing the best I can to raise my son(and a damn good job at that I may add). Im not attacking you back, however, your analysis is completey way off on how much I have matured as a man and father. I will be the first to admit I made mistakes, but you have absolutely no idea who I am now and no idea what I do on a daily basis making this a very positive and healthy environment for my son...But really Im not surprised, I've had to deal with people who would like to hold me to be someone I was a year ago, and I have proven to those people, who actually matter, who I am and what I am about today...and thats being a great father for my son.
You haven't changed a bit.
My son is 6 months old. Right now Im not able to afford a lawyer and want to file custody for my son. I dont want sole physical custody. I am fine with working out a solid visitation schedule and sole legal custody because my son is in good hands and being taken care of at the moment. However, in a few years when hes a bit older I would like custody of him. Is it a mistake to agree to sole legal/visitation now on my part now and go back and try to change it later? Would that be hurting my changes in the future with custody assuming there is no material change in circumstances?
Its not that I think he wouldnt be taken care of at some point, but I dont think my chances are good at this point of getting sole physical custody of him due to nothing really being wrong with his well being and care right now. I dont want to go in making a bunch of stuff up but at some point I would like custody of my son, I just dont want to make mistakes now in doing that.
Shall I post the rest of your history here? :eek: You stated in your original post about this issue that:
For personal reasons(I know personal reasons have nothing to do with legal) I just think men should raise men.
That's all you've said on this thread, just in slightly different ways. Control issues, Marl? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">