• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied firearm purchase for 2010 restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The dealer gave me the NICS info, yes. To your point, they didn't have any specifics (and they were very helpful). Before I send in the appeal to NICS, I want to gather as much info as possible. The RO could be the only possible thing in my mind blocking my purchase. I've literally never been arrested for anything in my life. And the RO was a retaliation for my having to file an RO. Just frustrating. Second amendment rights can be blocked for nothing.
Wait...you don't even KNOW why it's blocked?

Zigner

It was premature for you to come to this site saying that the denial was caused by the RO. It may have been, but it may not have been. Come back when you know (if you still have questions). Best of luck to you.

bcr229

Nope. They don't provide that info to the store. I got the news today. It's up to me to research it.
The dealer never gets that info. It's none of his business.

Go through the appeal process. Unfortunately it's likely to take months to work out. And yes, there is a high likelihood that you are right and it's the RO, and back in 2015 CA may simply have not reported to NICS that the RO expired, but you don't know that 100%.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just feeling out your story bub. Getting angry, angrier and angrier about an RO...

something which is NOT an everyday ordinary breakup experience BTW
I had the same thoughts, Xy....

BTW, spiderboy, "trolls" don't get to Senior Status.

Zigner - just leave the thread. You don't dictate who can post what.
And..... neither do you, as it happens. ;)

Mass_Shyster

I will likely be looking at a crossbow to defend my property against Coronavirus looters
You should be aware that you are generally not permitted to use deadly force to protect property. You can only use deadly force to protect yourself or others from imminent serious injury or death. You may also have a duty to retreat.

You might want to investigate defensive weapons like stun guns or chemical spray.

Zigner

I've already gotten some good tips and helpful DMs, so it's all good on my end
Any information received has been based upon the information YOU have given...and that information may be faulty. Good luck to you. Come back once you have actual facts about the matter (if you still have questions).

Just Blue

I haven't seen anything on the news/print/internet regarding looters. Has there been looting and I am just unaware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">