• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do handicap signs have to have the "minimum 250" marker to be a CA valid sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bullhockey. Construction/renovations other than replacing the sign only need apply the change when the state architect deems it necessary.
Construction is the act, art, or business of moving, demolishing, installing, or building a structure, facility, or system according to a plan or by a definite process. Construction consists of the application of any of these techniques to physical plant facilities such as structures, utilities, excavations, landscaping, site improvements, drainage systems and roads, and additions, deletions, or modifications of such facilities. Exterior and interior painting of new structures is a form of construction. Painting, while seemingly maintenance, is generally deemed construction.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
explain to me how i am wrong here, I legit have government websites saying after 2008 the signs needs to be upgrade when a construction in the area is done, and re-painting counts as one.
I'm not sure why you believe that repainting is the same as construction, but again...go for it. Just hope you don't get a judge who feels strongly about the matter.

Good luck to you.

I'm not sure why you believe that repainting is the same as construction, but again...go for it. Just hope you don't get a judge who feels strongly about the matter.

Good luck to you.
"For example, if the painting of power poles is an anticipated, routine, and periodic event to keep them from degrading and to maintain them in their original condition, then the painting is generally considered maintenance work. However, if a bridge was to be stripped and re-painted, that would be considered construction work even if the repainting were done on a scheduled basis because of the complexity and scale. "
They did not just re-paint the parking lot in my area, they re-did the ground then painted it over it. The concrete was new. Now idk if they still counts but you let me know how you feel

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"For example, if the painting of power poles is an anticipated, routine, and periodic event to keep them from degrading and to maintain them in their original condition, then the painting is generally considered maintenance work. However, if a bridge was to be stripped and re-painted, that would be considered construction work even if the repainting were done on a scheduled basis because of the complexity and scale. "
They did not just re-paint the parking lot in my area, they re-did the ground then painted it over it. The concrete was new. Now idk if they still counts but you let me know how you feel
I think you have to realize that you are not reading or quoting the law.
I'm done - fight it or don't...the choice is yours.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
All I am going to say is, I hope you lose. I have no respect for people who think their convenience entitles them to break the law, and then when they get caught aren't man enough to accept responsibility for their actions and start whining about how it's all the other guy's fault.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
All I am going to say is, I hope you lose. I have no respect for people who think their convenience entitles them to break the law, and then when they get caught aren't man enough to accept responsibility for their actions and start whining about how it's all the other guy's fault.
You're too kind.

I hope Kevin gets a few added fees added to what he owes for taking up court time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">