• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a Custody Evaluation expire?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

I am asking, specifically, what hardship can you find in my scenario? I need help seeing it.
You have not given enough information to determine whether or not there might be a hardship. Nor am I asking you to give that to us. You cannot determine whether or not a possible hardship exists unless you study ALL of the factors involved. For example, what if mom's family cannot help with transportation if the child goes to the school in your district?...because timing doesn't work for them?

You have to have ALL of the data documented so that the judge can see that there is no potential hardship. The documentation needs to be precise. You cannot just say "since family can help, its irrelevant". If, once you have pulled all of the data together, a potential hardship exists then you need to present potential solutions to that hardship.

For example, mom could easily say that the extra distance to get the child to the school in your district makes it impossible for her to both get the child to school on time AND get to work on time, then 1) you need to have the data pulled together to demonstrate that either it's not true, OR you have to have a proposed solution to that hardship available. A proposed solution to that might be for mom to drop the child off at your house at a time that allows her to get to work on time, and you take the child to school.

You need to do the work.

_HappyDad_

EX picks up kiddo at my house by 8:00am already. She drives her 15 minutes further to drop off at her family.

My mother lives with me.

school starts at 0830

LdiJ

EX picks up kiddo at my house by 8:00am already. She drives her 15 minutes further to drop off at her family.

My mother lives with me.

school starts at 0830
Stop telling us the information and document it! For both parents, for both schools, precise distances, for anybody that helps with the transportation. Write it the heck down, and make all of your data precise.

t74

Thanks, OG. Are there other approaches besides the ones discussed that I should explore?
Dad, I think you would benefit from sitting with a psychologist that does custody evaluations to discuss not a specific custody evaluation but your feelings and relationship with mom. You have a long time to deal with her and are having difficulty with a relatively simple issue. IMO, you need an objective, experienced professional to review your expectations and let you know if you are being reasonable both for your child and in the eyes of the courts in your community. Things are going to get worse as time goes on - especially the teen years.

_HappyDad_

Dad, I think you would benefit from sitting with a psychologist that does custody evaluations to discuss not a specific custody evaluation but your feelings and relationship with mom. You have a long time to deal with her and are having difficulty with a relatively simple issue. IMO, you need an objective, experienced professional to review your expectations and let you know if you are being reasonable both for your child and in the eyes of the courts in your community. Things are going to get worse as time goes on - especially the teen years.
I do that already. As I previously posted, he reported that I always use solution focused methods. I think that by only hearing my side, of one matter, you can’t appreciate my EX’s unreasonable ways.

we had to do mediation before we could proceed with trial. I wanted 50/50. EX wanted me to have 4 overnights per month, supervised. I have never done anything to deserve supervised parenting time. The mediator would come back from speaking with EX and just rub the bridge of his nose. He just “sheesh” and motioned over that way with his thumb. He has mediated 3000 divorces, and sarcastically said “good luck. I bet you wish you could put a muzzle on her”

He then proceeded to give me some legal advice to use against her.

_HappyDad_

If any of you have divorced a Cluster B person, then you understand.

A couple months ago, kiddo was recovering from a lung infection. Kiddo was a little fussy at an exchange. The EX screamed at me in front of kiddo that "this is your fault, look what you're dong to your daughter! This is why I'm going to call CPS on you"

She later emailed me and told me that if that happens again, she will call the police. WTF?

LdiJ

If any of you have divorced a Cluster B person, then you understand.

A couple months ago, kiddo was recovering from a lung infection. Kiddo was a little fussy at an exchange. The EX screamed at me in front of kiddo that "this is your fault, look what you're dong to your daughter! This is why I'm going to call CPS on you"

She later emailed me and told me that if that happens again, she will call the police. WTF?
Ok, dad, we all understand that you have a very difficult ex to co-parent with. However, none of that has anything at all to do with choosing your child's school.

Now, if you were talking about wanting the exchanges to take place at a police station because of your ex's behavior at exchanges, then that would be an entirely different story. However, this is not about your ex's bad behavior, this is about choosing a school for your child.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And quite frankly, if I were a judge (thank goodness I'm not) I wouldn't be overly impressed with either Mom or Dad if they needed a court to decide what school the child should attend because neither of them was willing to act like an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">