• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dogs and homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyc4

Another thing you might try is to contact insurance agencies that specialize in farm, stable, kennel insurance- they may be able to provide you with some leads/ideas,even if they can't actually write you a policy.
Here's a tip, in the future, if you have mixed breed dogs, never state what breeds they are- just say you don't know...certain breeds have unfortunately gotten the label of being innately vicious.
I can't and won't tell you what decision to make, you are the ones that are most able to weigh your options.
Have you asked this insurance company whether constructing a kennel and run for this dog would be an acceptable solution? What about "beware of dog" signage?
I also am owned by several animals and one is a dog. This is not the first case I've heard of where people were denied, or had their homeowner policies cancelled just because there were dogs of a particular breed on their premises-even if they were confined by a fence.

lambcop

Travelers and Rottweilers

As of August 2002 Rotty's are on the Traveler's no-no list...Try Allstate...there are also websites that'll tell you wihich insurance companies are all breed friendly. Also, I too live in WI and all of the local companies are VERY dog shy due to the damage laws here...

We had Travelers---and in August they told us about the Rotty's...our had just died and I called to inform them...talk about timing.

I do not know if Allstate accepts a dog with a bite history, but they do NOT black list breeds. Good luck...

Oh, and you can't get exclusions...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">