• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HelpUsPlease

Again - you're apparently not reading for comprehension. I did not lose any drugs. To date everything has been running smoothly, but we are not stupid and know that eventually there will be a problem. When there is we want to know what our options are.

I was hoping we would have some sort of remedy against the government for effecting an illegal search that cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Thanks.

H

hexeliebe

Well if that's all you wanted to know you have three options.

1. before the cops get to the car smoke, swallow or shoot up everything in the car. You will either get rid of the evidence or rid the world of another plague....YOU!.

2. Jump out of the car and run like hell.

3. Get out of the drug business.

4. tell the cop, "Sorry, I can't wait around for the drug dogs to get here. Gotta run, got druggies waiting." Then gun it...literally :D

See? There you go. And you thought we didn't like scumbags.

H

HelpUsPlease

My attorney has told me to say to them "I am being detained or am I free to go?" and if they don't say I'm being detained I can leave. Is this accurate?

Thanks.

dequeendistress

Yes, if they say you are not detained you are free to leave. Please look up the term detained. You will find that it means that you are NOT free to go.

Next, if the officers request you to suck dirt and place your hands behind your head, you are probably going to feel slight pressure to your wrists and a cold sensation. Possibly pressure to the mid to lower back resulting from the officers knee. This is the procedure referred to as "arrest". Become familiar with the term.

H

HelpUsPlease

I don't think that will be necessary. I don't plan on being arrested for some time.

H

happynow

But you will be, sooner or later, so this whay thanks to dequeendistress you will know it when it happens. I hope it's sooner than later myself.

H

HelpUsPlease

I doubt it. I'm going to get couriers to do the runs. Too risky doing the transport myself. If there was a way to insure that they couldn't detain you while they called for a canine unit it would be okay, but I'm not about to take the risk that they could wait.

It's very hard for a dog to alert to pills anyhow.

H

happynow

helpmeimanidiot, what state are you in???? Would still love to golf with you.......Got a new set of irons I think you'd like to see up close.

P

phdwillie

This is rich! I work highway drug interdiction. It's folks like this that'll make me a millionaire when I reach 20 years on the job and write my book.

BTW-My favorite quote: "You say that those aren't your drugs? No problem. We aren't charging you with ownership, just possession!"

Son of Slam

I should hope no one SERIOUSLY believes OP is telling the truth. He is not the type to have $30,000 to spend on running drugs, or to have a lawyer to talk to. He is just a mental elf, amusing himself here, envisioning an exciting lifestyle that he will never have.

H

HelpUsPlease

Does anybody know of companies that prepare background reports on people. I would provide them with a name and SSN and would be looking for a background report to include, family members, copies of telephone call details, etc.

Anyone?

P

parano|a

alright if you try to traffic drugs you going to get caught because ur an idiot.

why the **** are you admitting that you intend to commit a felony on a public message board? and of course they wont give you your ****ing drugs back, eitherwise they would be committing a crime. even if they did, the second they hand you the bag, they're gonna slap cuffs on for possessions. durr

anyway, here is what i would do if i was dumb enough to risk my life for a few grand by driving drugs across the country:

-dont speed. dont break the law. dont drive under the infulence. use a radar detector. a scanner and cb radio can help too. keep the car clean and looking nice.

-when you get pulled over, you are going to be nervous as ****. the cop will know something is up. try your best to be polite and normal. he may even put together "reasonable suspicion" from your nervousness among other details. he is then allowed to search you and anything in your control for weapons. That means any part of your car within arms reach. if he finds drugs your ****ed. keep the **** in the trunk or something and in a locked container.

-he is going to try to get you to consent to a search. he will use your parano|a against you to scare you to death. psychologists develope intense lines of questioning to get a person to freak out and admit everything. it will start off "why cant i search, you got something to hide?". answer with "my attorny advised me never to consent". he will proceed with some other questions designed to scare you to death and force you to consent. after that just keep saying "no" and try not to freak out. if you are about to freak out, ask for an attorny and dont say another word until they get you one. this will **** you, but not as bad as "dont hurt me" or "the drugs are in the car", which are what most ppl say during this questioning. most ppl are too scared at this point to think to ask for an attorny, they just break out w/ "dont hurt me". if you can get past this, you have a very strong mind. i doubt anyone does.

-from the moment he mentions "dogs" they have exactly 30 minutes to get a dog there and have him find something before the dog has to go. ask the officer for the time, and start counting. drag it on to buy yourself time before he radios in the request. like "how long is this gonna take?" or something. there is no such thing as masking the smell. a dog can smell a bagged gram of weed underwater inside a toilet with the lid closed. the dog will get you ****ed.

-once they have you, you mays as well cooperate. you are already ****ed, so you are working on the officers descression. be careful to not admit guilt when you dont have to. this is probably the 2nd hardest part of this hypothetical encounter. you have to do a reasonable tradeoff between his desgression and not testifying against yourself. it is very hard to do. if you are about to break, ask for an attorny and dont say another word.

-when they read you your meranda rights, ask for an attorny and dont say a word until he gets there.

yeah, and your idea about hiring ppl to do this is even worse. they will start talking in a second. everybody does. even more likely, if they dont get caught, you will still never see the money, your drugs, or them ever again. you are better off doing it yourself since you have read what i just posted.

i got a better idea.. get a real job.

Last edited:
P

parano|a

i thought that mabye i could turn this thread into a decent discussion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">