• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

e-bay seller no longer registered user

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ablessin

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi all. I purchased a "freezer mug" on e-bay way back in September. In fact, I paid for it 9/23 using paypal.

I was in decent communication with the seller from the start, and now is no longer a registered e-bay user. I wrote him and said since you're not a seller on e-bay anymore, does this mean I don;t get that mug and now I am out $17? (it's a football team freezer mug)

He said he'd ensure I got what I paid for - that was 3 weeks ago - -I have filed a complaint on e-bay, says seller gets 10 days to reply. Those 10 days are up on 11/29.

I'd like to know what other actions I can take. I am an active e-bay buyer and seller with over 300 positive feedbacks and I don;t appreciate being suckered of this money. The mug was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my fience, not that that matters, but I am peeved. I know it's "only" $17, but that is not the point. I paid for something I expect to either get it or get a refund.

Thanks

Go through Ebay/Paypal's arbitration process then post back if you don't get your product...

Keep all interaction with seller to provide as evidence to their arbitration process as well.

ablessin

Is that the same thing as the dispute forum?
That is where I am at now.

I read something about their standard buyer protection program, has anyone used that - with luck??

Actually, I just went to the dispute console, and I am not eligible for the standard protection program because the purchase price was under $25

Last edited:

dallas702

Isn't Ebay wonderful. They have more exclusions than a lawyer's library.

Get forceful with the seller. Demand your money back. Tell him you have relatives that live just a few miles away and will be more than glad to come "collect" the money and leave an impression.

zippysgoddess

You paid with paypal, check under their dispute process, and see if you are still in the time frame to use them. They do not have a monetary minimum, just a max, and they are very good, and reliable at handling problems. I had to use them before, and they got my money back for me with no hassles.

ablessin

Thanks, Zippy- - sorry it took me so long to get back on here and look at replies!
Tis' the season!

Normally, I don't have problems with e-bay. At any rate, the seller replied to my dispute thru the "item not received" forum and they promised to mail it in time for Christmas.

I'll see. I still might, in the process go to paypal for my money back. Although it's probably not fair to get the item AND a refund.....however, the seller has been untruthful and slow and I sort of think I deserve at least a refund of my shipping costs I paid, which was $6.99 I think.

If I had taken so long, I'd offer my buyer that as an apology for my incomepetence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">