• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing Lease Addendum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I fear you do not understand what that word means. I've had commercial leases for close to three decades. We never changed a lease just because the square footage changed. Now if the landlord wanted to take more money...
I have been involved in leasing commercial space for every company I have worked for, and for most of them, that involved increasing or decreasing space over the years and never once did it fail to require a new lease when space increased or decreased.

I will allow that sometimes there were separate leases for separate portions of the space, but never once did space increase without a new lease in one form or another.

FlyingRon

As I stated, that is merely your experience and not true in general (you understand what "in general" means)?
Anyhow, the argument is spurious. It matters not whether the other party has a new lease or not. It only matters that the landlord has not complied with the lease with the poster in question.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A mutually agreed upon lease addendum is just as valid as, and far simpler than, executing an entirely new lease agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">