• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Husband's Crazy Girlfriend Submitted My Daughter's DNA to an Ancestry Website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in Colorado.

Can my daughter's father (my ex-husband) who has partial custody submit her DNA to a database without my consent? I cannot prove that it was the girlfriend but my 10 year old daughter said that it was her.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
We live in Colorado.

Can my daughter's father (my ex-husband) who has partial custody submit her DNA to a database without my consent? I cannot prove that it was the girlfriend but my 10 year old daughter said that it was her.
Yes he can -- he is her father. Is it partial physical and legal custody he has? You don't get to dictate everything he does. And why did your daughter say that? Were you questioning her?

LdiJ

We live in Colorado.

What objection to doing so can you articulate?

Yes he can -- he is her father. Is it partial physical and legal custody he has? You don't get to dictate everything he does. And why did your daughter say that? Were you questioning her?
Partial legal custody. I understand I do not dictate everything he does. I wasn't interrogating her lol. She just mentioned that she took the test. I just don't want my daughters DNA in a database. If she is 18 and decides that is okay... then fine. In my opinion, it doesn't seem like the smartest idea to put yourself in a database like that to be shared with anyone the company decides to sell it to

xylene

They are a disreputable scam with egregious privacy concerns.

Consider to contact the organization to remove her record.

They are a disreputable scam with egregious privacy concerns.

Consider to contact the organization to remove her record.
I completely agree... but the company says it only needs 1 parent/guardian for permission. Was just wondering if I could get the record removed through legal action.

xylene

I completely agree... but the company says it only needs 1 parent/guardian for permission. Was just wondering if I could get the record removed through legal action.
Have you asked, in writing, sent by certified mail, for your daughter's record to be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">