• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expiration of Judgement in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doucar

" There is no reason -- other than if an appeal was filed -- why a case from a general district court might get "docketed" in a circuit court. "

As I posted previously, you docket a general district court judgment in in ciruiit court to perfect a judgment lien on real property in the county.

quincy

" There is no reason -- other than if an appeal was filed -- why a case from a general district court might get "docketed" in a circuit court. "

As I posted previously, you docket a general district court judgment in in ciruiit court to perfect a judgment lien on real property in the county.
I think zddoodah (whose comment you quoted above) must have missed your post.

Rick68 apparently has found the answer he was looking for elsewhere, though, so all now seems right in his world. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Rick68 apparently has found the answer he was looking for elsewhere, though, so all now seems right in his world. ;)
Hopefully that "elsewhere" was an attorney licensed to practice in VA. Otherwise, the OP's only got guesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">