• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook post social media work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You don't get put in a FEMA camp* for having contact with someone who has a cold.

(*FEMA Camps / internment is coming. That's what test and trace is. That was what they did / are doing in South Korea)
Ok...
Is being placed in a FEMA camp considered to be a disability?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You don't get put in a FEMA camp* for having contact with someone who has a cold.

(*FEMA Camps / internment is coming. That's what test and trace is. That was what they did / are doing in South Korea)
And your source for stating that FEMA camps are coming? I strongly doubt that Trump will tell FEMA to do that. One, FEMA isn't really well suited to it. And two, Trump doesn't seem to want to take much action at all. Apart from the stimulus program, which was orginated in Congress, Trump has done very little. It is mostly the states taking action to limit the spread of the disease. The states may start quarantining people who test positive, once tests are widely available, but for cost and other reasons most of that would be home quarantine, especially for those with mild or no symptoms.

In any event, being quarantined for perhaps two weeks or so doesn't make having covid-19 a disability.

quincy

If you are thinking of the U.S. internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II, it is a pretty big stretch to see or imagine any comparison between it and what the US government has done - or will do - to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If you are thinking of the U.S. internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II, it is a pretty big stretch to see or imagine any comparison between it and what the US government has done - or will do - to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
And indeed the Supreme Court reversed it's decision during World War II that upheld the camps. In that reversal, the court held that the camps were an unconstitutional violation of the internees rights. Thus, I don't see that kind of thing passing muster now.

quincy

And indeed the Supreme Court reversed it's decision during World War II that upheld the camps. In that reversal, the court held that the camps were an unconstitutional violation of the internees rights. Thus, I don't see that kind of thing passing muster now.
The Supreme Court is a tad bit different today ... but I agree there is very little likelihood of internment camps.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The Supreme Court is a tad bit different today ... but I agree there is very little likelihood of internment camps.
It is a bit different today, but even so, I don't see most of the conservative justices siding with the government having the power to do that, and certainly the liberals on the court wouldn't vote for that.

xylene

Um, the states and the feds are prepping college dorms and closed hotels to house positive tests and their contacts.

That's the plan for the next wave that is inevitable when social distancing ends.

FEMA camp is and intentionally loaded, umbrella term. But yeah people are going to be involuntarily placed in closed government facilities.

That's not a secret, that's the plan. Agency semantics isn't going to change anything.

A health condition that puts you and anyone in contact with in a camp is a intefereing with major life activities.

It is a permanent Scarlett C for everyone who has tested positive.

Just Blue

Um, the states and the feds are prepping college dorms and closed hotels to house positive tests and their contacts.

That's the plan for the next wave that is inevitable when social distancing ends.

FEMA camp is and intentionally loaded, umbrella term. But yeah people are going to be involuntarily placed in closed government facilities.

That's not a secret, that's the plan. Agency semantics isn't going to change anything.

A health condition that puts you and anyone in contact with in a camp is a intefereing with major life activities.

Can you please post a link to this "plan" ....because I have not, in all of my vast readings, heard about these "camps".

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I disagree. Once the majority of the population has immunity to the disease it will be no worse a stigma than having had the flu or most any other disease. Right now, when most of the population is still vulnerable, sure people will want to avoid those who have the disease. Indeed, that's what social distancing is all about.

xylene

Once the majority of the population has immunity to the disease
Pretty good case evidence the disease is relapsing in at least some of the ill.

No one knows how long the immunity lasts, or even it is even of a meaningful duration.

Officials have bandied about a 12 to 18 month vaccine timeline. That may not happen.

We need to acknowledge the possibility of - no vaccine, no treatment let alone cure, of a relapsing endemic disease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">