• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers and custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweety14

What is the name of your state?tn

:) I was wondering if thier were any fathers out there that actually has custody?
How often do men get custody?

BelizeBreeze

Tweety14 said:

:) I was wondering if thier were any fathers out there that actually has custody?
As often as they ask for it.

Now, did you have a LEGAL question?

Neal1421

Tweety14 said:

In TN, very few. It depends on whether or not the mother is unfit in the eyes of the court.

NotSoNew

i think what the OP is trying to say is residential custody or sole custody.

how often are fathers the CP.

and the answer would be (in my opionion) only when moms are proven unfit or they willingly give custody over.

BelizeBreeze

dynomight77 said:

and the answer would be (in my opionion) only when moms are proven unfit or they willingly give custody over.
And that would be wrong. again.

SITLYNNE

dynomight77 said:

Wrong. When they run out of money to fight custody battles and being drug back to court for years.
There are at least a few of us mothers here who do not have physical custody who are not unfit and were not proven unfit in court.
Sorry, this one struck a nerve with me.

Whyte Noise

BelizeBreeze said:
And of course, you have statistics to back this up?
Don't need statistics when you live it.

Is it so hard to believe that a mom could lose custody for reasons other than being unfit or giving up their children willingly? It happens all the time. I can give you the link to a website with over 400 NC mother members, and not all of us there were proven unfit or gave up custody willingly. As a matter of fact, NONE were proven unfit in a court of law at all.

SITLYNNE

BelizeBreeze said:
so about 10 out of 17 million. Now THAT makes an argument :rolleyes:
You're saying only 10 fathers out of 17 million have custody. I beg to differ, I myself personally know 6 different fathers in my area who have custody. Maybe they only give custody in my town or county? I doubt that. I also know for sure on this site Wannacry and CJane don't have full custody. So, that is 2 more.
If you want, I will gladly mail you all of my court and attorney info to back up my statement that I lost because I ran out of money.

BelizeBreeze

SITLYNNE said:
You're saying only 10 fathers out of 17 million have custody. I beg to differ, I myself personally know 6 different fathers in my area who have custody. Maybe they only give custody in my town or county? I doubt that. I also know for sure on this site Wannacry and CJane don't have full custody. So, that is 2 more.
If you want, I will gladly mail you all of my court and attorney info to back up my statement that I lost because I ran out of money.
Are you totally devoid of common sense. I was refering to your inane argument on personal opinion basis.

I happen to know the relevant statistics. Do YOU? :rolleyes:

SITLYNNE

MissouriGal said:
Don't need statistics when you live it.

Is it so hard to believe that a mom could lose custody for reasons other than being unfit or giving up their children willingly? It happens all the time. I can give you the link to a website with over 400 NC mother members, and not all of us there were proven unfit or gave up custody willingly. As a matter of fact, NONE were proven unfit in a court of law at all.
THANK YOU, MissouriGAl. I would love the link to that website please. It is comforting to talk with other mothers in my situation. I somehow makes it a little bearable to know you're not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">