• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FENCE AND WATER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

Thanks, I appreciate it. I cannot believe he called the police! I will build a berm. I wonder if he will call the police again when I take care of the 6 inches of his property on my side of the fence? In other words, now his fence is inside his property line. I gained more land on my side that I need to take care of. He will not be allowed to come on my side obviously. Should I be worried about this?
He has a right to contest you doing anything to that 6” strip. It’s his. Given the relationship, I would do absolutely nothing with his 6” and when it becomes overgrown, contact whomever deals with unkempt lawns in your area and register a complaint.

Wendy217

Just talked with permitting and they said I could place railroad ties withing one inch of my property line. This is what I will do. He also said that strip of their property on my side will need maintenance. I hope they won't report me for taking care of the weeds.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I wonder if taking care of that 6" of land for the next 20 years would create an "adverse possession" claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">