• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FENCE AND WATER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wendy217

Great to hear you can back up your version of events. I used to think the event paparazzi were paranoid. Now I think not taking pictures of everything one sees as suspicious as a failure.

Best of luck in your situation. The worst part of it all is that regardless of the outcome, they will still be your neighbors.
I know. Maybe they will move... I mean no one likes them on the block.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
New news!! They told the county inspector that I was lying. They said they did nothing with the backyard landscape. Thank you God that we have pictures showing truckloads of dirt brought in for their project.
So, they haven't learned.

Or at least, they are not interested in taking responsibility for their own actions.

You need to get those security cameras up.

Wendy217

The other neighbor uphill from them had THEIR WATERFLOW backed up on their property. When it rains they lose a lot of their yard because these new people will not let the water down hill. They had a HUGE FIGHT this weekend over the fence. The uphill neighbor put in holes in the wooden fence to let the water pass through and the new jerks told them to fill up the holes. The fence is on uphill neighbor's property.

Last edited:

Wendy217

RETALIATION TIME!!! He reported me to the county now because he said the 30 year old shed doesn't have a permit! There was a big stop order sticker on my front door!!! This man is evil.

Wendy217

After many calls today, the county removed the stop work permit on my 30 year old shed! It was up on my front door for 6 hours. Thank God for good neighbors who notified me. Ha, I win! Oh, and they still have to remove their fence off of my property. The county guy also apologized for doing this to me. He understood that it was retaliation.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
After many calls today, the county removed the stop work permit on my 30 year old shed! It was up on my front door for 6 hours. Thank God for good neighbors who notified me. Ha, I win! Oh, and they still have to remove their fence off of my property. The county guy also apologized for doing this to me. He understood that it was retaliation.
Patience will hopefully win out.

At this point, you know it is not new owner ignorance. A neighbor intent on being a good neighbor would be apologetic, not retaliatory.

LdiJ

The other neighbor uphill from them had THEIR WATERFLOW backed up on their property. When it rains they lose a lot of their yard because these new people will not let the water down hill. They had a HUGE FIGHT this weekend over the fence. The uphill neighbor put in holes in the wooden fence to let the water pass through and the new jerks told them to fill up the holes. The fence is on uphill neighbor's property.
Classic...they scream at you that you are downhill from them therefore you have to live with the water as they have it draining, yet they refuse to accept any drain-off from uphill to them. What jerks.

Wendy217

Now, they called my neighbor's husband's place of employment! He is a police officer. They complained this his wife yelled at them AFTER THE BAD neighbor attacked them while they were outside in their yard. Oh, and talked to the County again this a.m. and was told they reported my pile of dirt to protect my shed i.e., a berm, was illegal. They county said they were completely wrong. I guess now they will call my office too? I did say to his wife as she walked the dog last night, ha ha, the stop work permit is over on my 30 YEAR OLD shed! Your husband is an out of control maniac and I feel sorry for you. I guess I will be reported now. This is the last thing I will say. An attorney came to my house last night and said that she will write a letter for me to get their fence off of my property. She said they won't stop and it will keep going on.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Now, they called my neighbor's husband's place of employment! He is a police officer. They complained this his wife yelled at them AFTER THE BAD neighbor attacked them while they were outside in their yard. Oh, and talked to the County again this a.m. and was told they reported my pile of dirt to protect my shed i.e., a berm, was illegal. They county said they were completely wrong. I guess now they will call my office too? I did say to his wife as she walked the dog last night, ha ha, the stop work permit is over on my 30 YEAR OLD shed! Your husband is an out of control maniac and I feel sorry for you. I guess I will be reported now. This is the last thing I will say. An attorney came to my house last night and said that she will write a letter for me to get their fence off of my property. She said they won't stop and it will keep going on.
I agree with her.

I think the best way to deal with these people going forward is cold civility when necessary and not to engage in discussion with them.

Wendy217

Now, I just heard that this neighbor is trying to garner support from everyone in the neighborhood re her neighbors are awful people and the water issue always existed. They said she is trying to get support for her LAWSUIT! What could I be sued for? I am downhill being clobbered by her water. What the heck? What can she sue me for? Any ideas?

Wendy217

I hired an attorney. She has already come to look at the property and agrees I need to move on this. So, I will let her handle this from now on. I will let you know what happens.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Now, I just heard that this neighbor is trying to garner support from everyone in the neighborhood re her neighbors are awful people and the water issue always existed. They said she is trying to get support for her LAWSUIT! What could I be sued for? I am downhill being clobbered by her water. What the heck? What can she sue me for? Any ideas?
Anyone can sue. Winning a lawsuit is another story.

Who knows? Maybe the idiot is going to sue you for harassment, due to you filing complaints about (valid) code violations.

I suggest that you participate less in neighborhood gossip.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">