• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FENCE AND WATER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Just so you know how much they are perhaps you may want to begin shopping for so called outdoor nanny type cams or cameras that can be placed inside the home at a window incase you find that you have to begin to record the outside of your property ?
With night vision.

Wendy, be cautious.

Wendy217

Just so you know how much they are perhaps you may want to begin shopping for so called outdoor nanny type cams or cameras that can be placed inside the home at a window incase you find that you have to begin to record the outside of your property ?
I literally started to do that! I am going to install them this weekend. Do you think they would do something to the house?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What are they going to do? You guys are scaring me. I will get one with night vision.
More than likely they'll do nothing. Keep in mind: we may be a little jaded as we get all sorts of horror stories here. So it's kinda like asking an ER doc "tell me the worst thing that can happen on my daily jog" and then, he does.

But unless you're living next to a Hell's Angels clubhouse, the odds of them being malicious (versus clueless and annoying) are probably low. That said, in general I think that security cams are a good idea. With any luck, the most interesting thing you'll ever capture is a coyote with cubs wandering through your yard.

Wendy217

Thanks for the response. It's actually a very sought after area for IT millennials that believe they own the world ;) Their new house is twice the price of my old house and twice as big. BUT, remember they are very green people. Huh. I just found out the surveyor could not complete the job because they are on my property with their fence. They need to move their fence asap. How do I tell them this? Really what is the time limit supposed to be etc.? Thanks.

Wendy217

Actually, I just told the county to deliver the news. So, when that happens they have ten days to remove their fence. I can then get my survey completed. I hope they listen to the county.

justalayman

Thanks for the response. It's actually a very sought after area for IT millennials that believe they own the world ;) Their new house is twice the price of my old house and twice as big. BUT, remember they are very green people. Huh. I just found out the surveyor could not complete the job because they are on my property with their fence. They need to move their fence asap. How do I tell them this? Really what is the time limit supposed to be etc.? Thanks.
That’s surprising. I haven’t checked your state’s laws but in many of not most a surveryor has a legal right to tread where he needs to to perform his work

A fence alone would do little to stymie a surveyor from performing his work.

Wendy217

That’s surprising. I haven’t checked your state’s laws but in many of not most a surveryor has a legal right to tread where he needs to to perform his work

A fence alone would do little to stymie a surveyor from performing his work.
I thought that would be the case too. I think my surveyors were in fear of these fools. The county will tell them to remove their posts within 10 days. I don't have to do the dirty work. This is why my taxes are more than my mortgage ;)

Wendy217

The fence inspector came and said that only during the permit process would they be made to take their fence off of my property. Ugh. He said to watch for the permit and then protest it then. I guess I will get an imperfect survey and go to court if I have to. This is crazy. The other inspector is working on the water issue so I just basically have to stay on top of all of this.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Let's hope that indeed they rectify the issue, and learn from the experience the value of being a considerate neighbor - or at least a non-obnoxious one.

Wendy217

New news!! They told the county inspector that I was lying. They said they did nothing with the backyard landscape. Thank you God that we have pictures showing truckloads of dirt brought in for their project.

justalayman

New news!! They told the county inspector that I was lying. They said they did nothing with the backyard landscape. Thank you God that we have pictures showing truckloads of dirt brought in for their project.
Great to hear you can back up your version of events. I used to think the event paparazzi were paranoid. Now I think not taking pictures of everything one sees as suspicious as a failure.

Best of luck in your situation. The worst part of it all is that regardless of the outcome, they will still be your neighbors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">