• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fire Sprinkler inspections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2

You apparently have more research to do on your own situation.

If you object to safety inspections, on privacy grounds or on principle, you could always contact the Institute for Justice to discuss your options. And you can publicly protest the ordinance in various ways (circulating petitions, writing letters to the editor, speaking out at meetings).
I did email the lawyer involved in that case you posted as the case is still open so even though from the documents it seems it was dismissed for some reason IJ still lists it as an open case so guess it's being appealed! So I wrote him to find out how I can get updates as the case proceeds through the courts since my case is similar to that case.

quincy

I did email the lawyer involved in that case you posted as the case is still open so even though from the documents it seems it was dismissed for some reason IJ still lists it as an open case so guess it's being appealed! So I wrote him to find out how I can get updates as the case proceeds through the courts since my case is similar to that case.
IJ updates their cases on their website so you can check out the status of the tenants’ ordinance case there.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
it is if they have to enter your privately own apartment unit. As I pointed out in the post above these sort of inspections can in fact be done externally from the outside as that is how they did it this year. Some procedure where they snake in from the exterior exit of the vent and snake in all the way to the back of the dryer.
How can a snake from the outside wall verify a sprinkler head? Don't bother answering: It can't. Inspecting a fire sprinkler system has absolutely zero in common with cleaning out a dryer duct.

Dave2

How can a snake from the outside wall verify a sprinkler head? Don't bother answering: It can't. Inspecting a fire sprinkler system has absolutely zero in common with cleaning out a dryer duct.
I never said it did I refered to the dryer vent as another time the board was trying to gain entrance that one though the board president shut down the management company

LdiJ

Never had home owners and probably never will. Just a personal choice maybe not wise especially living in an apartment building but just my wife and I's personal opinions on that. Mainly being in this building not such a huge issue for the unit itself as covered in the building insurance for the unit itself would just be the contents really anyways from what I understand from past public board meetings Short of us being the cause of the fire of other issue.
Homeowners insurance not only protects your personal property but it also protects you from liability to other owners in the building if a fire or other issues starts in your unit. On top of that, the building's insurance does not protect the interior of your apartment. It only protects the exterior. Homeowners insurance is not very expensive.

quincy

OK Thanks.

As of this post consider this topic closed as I pretty much have the answers I needed!

Thanks to those who answered my OP questions!
I am happy you found the answers you needed.

We all appreciate the thanks, so thank you.

xylene

Quiet honestly this seems like a dispute with your wife, who likes the condo and you who has attitudes about property and community that could not be satisfied by single family detached housing on a large lot.

quincy

Quiet honestly this seems like a dispute with your wife, who likes the condo and you who has attitudes about property and community that could not be satisfied by single family detached housing on a large lot.
Sometimes, when reading responses, I get the feeling I have read a totally different thread. This is one of those times. Haha. ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">