• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sockeye

"Question is: Did my boss break the law by discussing this with the guy who checks up on us?"

No. I've been following this thread and I think it's best if you give up on the idea of some clever action/question/demand is going to assist. To much Sherlock, NCI, & John Grisham novel thinking here.

The world is a much simpler place, take the input and advice given and keep yourself from stressing further.

NellieBly

"Question is: Did my boss break the law by discussing this with the guy who checks up on us?"

No. I've been following this thread and I think it's best if you give up on the idea of some clever action/question/demand is going to assist. To much Sherlock, NCI, & John Grisham novel thinking here.

The world is a much simpler place, take the input and advice given and keep yourself from stressing further.
That's very kind of you to take an interest. Alas, I cannot reference those sources, because I don't read/watch fiction.

Thanks, though.

NellieBly

You can file a lawsuit against an unknown party.

In this case the person who made the allegations. The school department would have to disclose his or her name

NellieBly

This is where it gets strange. They WERE saying it was my son in my place. Now they are saying it was a male. Mr. Union Lawyer told me not to"throw my son under the bus" by mentioning him. At the time, I complied, but now I realize the school department has no authority over my son. I forgot they had sent me a letter saying my son was at my corner. I brought all the phone statements saying he was in a different town.

I asked my boss if it was usual for someone to call when a different person was seen at someone's post. He said people will call and ask where a crossing guard is, if they've been out. I said someone would just assume a different person was a sub. I also pointed out that I had no compunctions (yes i used that word) about calling out at the last minute if I had an emergency and couldn't make it. Really, if you drove by my corner and saw a stranger, wouldn't you assume there was a sub?

The head of HR kept asking me if I had anything to say, what could I say? I mentioned the fact that someone complained about my absence during school vacation and they said they were only concerned with the most recent date.

AND the complainant WROTE a letter! Who writes letters?

This is like being in one of those mirror mazes in a fun house. Just when you think you're on the right track, everything changes.

Proserpina

Nellie, I'm going to (re?) state an obvious point I think may have been missed.

Your son's phone bill proves NOTHING except that his PHONE was in a particular place.

It absolutely does NOT prove that HE was or wasn't somewhere.

Understand?

eerelations

Nellie, I'm going to (re?) state an obvious point I think may have been missed.

Your son's phone bill proves NOTHING except that his PHONE was in a particular place.

It absolutely does NOT prove that HE was or wasn't somewhere.

Understand?
And just because you had someone other than your son taking your place doesn't mean your former employer had any less grounds to fire you. You really need to try to understand this.

Proserpina

Hearing did not go well. Probably going to get fired. On the bright side I get to file a "John Doe" lawsuit
One more thing.

If people start thinking you're trolling or simply being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse you're going to find very few people will be willing to help you in the future.

NellieBly

Well I'm 60 years old and have cancer and other health problems . I don't know how to drive. I am probably not going to have another job. This is my last hill to die on

commentator

You are out of a job, Nellie. Let it go. I had cancer. I am quite a bit older than you. It's not necessarily a death sentence. Every day you live is important. You have lost a job that is part time, it's gone. You probably have spent a whole lot of mental energy and excess thought process dealing with your firing. But the thing is, so what? They could've fired you no matter WHO made that complaint. They could've fired you because you are old, or because you have cancer. But seriously, so what if you get to sue this person? Who may or may not even exist? So what? Yeah, you want them dead, in hell with their back broke, but really, they're probably like you, not having a whole lot of assets. they're what they call "judgment proof."

You sue them, you get them in small claims court, you show that they "got you fired." Which of course is VERY likely NOT to happen. So what????? They don't have anything you can get. Its' just some small spiteful person who wanted to get you fired because you got on their nerves. Your employer DID NOT have to fire you based in this person's testimony. They wanted to. They choose to. Regardless of who submits what, they could if they wanted to fire you any time for any reason. They have picked this one.

It's over. You need to see about having a good life the rest of your life, not beating this crap to death about what they have done to you or who has done it or what you want to happen or what you want to show.

You are a smart person, you are a bright, encouraging personality. But for heaven's sake (literally!) do not let this particular demon beat you to death. we've talked about my mother, remember back on those other posts? Okay, she lost a lawsuit in her later years. And no matter how sick she was, how bad it got, she always had that to fall back on. Those @#$$%'s cheated me! I was wronged. It made her later years a mess and miserable for her. If you want to be miserable, hate somebody. Seek revenge. They're out dancing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">