• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraternization Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avsgal19

I highly doubt that your joke will change the advice given to you. What they have said makes perfect sense.

And for what it's worth - I don't believe that you have an attny, that your case has been heard and that you've won. On the slight chance that you are telling the truty - do tell - what did you win? Did you win your job back or was it monetary compensation??? Either of those options wouldn't have you crying about bills to pay.

But I will bet that you think long and hard before coming involved with someone else in the workplace.

In the long run - it's just not worth it.

cschwies

Did you not read everything that I wrote. I think you should
that you might want to rewrite what you just wrote

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
cschwies, now that I understand that you were playing with us I'll accept that you were talking about a case you were involved in already, and that you won.

However, the statements you are making on this thread are entirely too broad to be seen as accurate and you can't expect people not to point that out.

As I said, we can only make judgements based on the information we have. Obviously your attorney had far more information than we have. I say again, on the basis of the information you have provided to us, you did not have a case. The only information you provide does not support a case of illegal discrimination.

Please note that I word my posts deliberately. When I say that you, or someone, does not have a case on the basis of the facts in their post, I mean exactly that. It does not mean that you have no case; it means that the information you have provided us does not support the case you claim.

Let's everyone calm down a bit. This was a slightly misguided practical joke and hasn't done anyone any harm.

cschwies

When I said the story was true I meant the termination part not the attorney part. That is the part I was playing with you about. That is why I said to listen to you guys because you knew your stuff. I apologize for my behavior it was way out of line. Must be all my frustration from everything. I really don't think those out there have to be so cranky at me about it. I am 21 years old. The GM in in the story is 35 married with children the girl is 19. It wasn't like it was a big romance with us or anything we just went out on I believe it was 4 different occasions. Anyway that's it. I truly believe that the GM called corporate and told them to come and get rid of me because he was totally afraid that his wife would find out that he had asked this girl out to a motel. Well I guess I can chalk it up to one of life's lessons

avsgal19

I understand some of your confusion with all of these because you are very young - at least in comparison to me.

It seems a lot of your anger is aimed at your GM. Perhaps that is correct, but I would think that some of that should be aimed at that 19-yr old girl. Who knows what she has said about you just to protect herself. Did you ever consider that her telling you that the GM asked her to a motel is a lie? It seems that it's her lies that have cost you your job.

That's why it's best to never fraternize in the workplace with anyone that has any kind of affect over your job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">