• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GOT DETAINED BY POLICE...WAS FINED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would like to be totally transparent about this matter: The OP received the response from me that he did, in part, because I have loved ones in the Inland Empire. His callous disregard for the safety of others, as well as his failure to understand and/or acknowledge the seriousness of this matter, really makes me upset.

i truly believe that your intentions were to bash from the start....i have lived here for over 20 years and i made a mistake ...im trying to correct my mistake asking for advice ...you never gave advice from the beginning but made a strong opinion based on your emotions...see the thing that really upsets ME NOW is that you are human and as humans we will continue to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes.....how would you feel if we were to switch sides and me act the way i did with you ???? and by the way i have done my share to this country ...i hope you have done yours ...THATS WHY IM UPSET....because of a slap to the face from people like you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A mistake is "oops, I knocked over my drink". You didn't make a mistake. You made a conscious choice to break the law.

Even after all this, you still try to trivialize the matter. It's disgusting.

CdwJava

If they were operating a "sting" using 15 officers, chances are they were not drawn from other duties, they were likely brought in on overtime specifically for THAT assignment alone. So, your thought that they would not be available for other duties would be mistaken.

Illegal fireworks cause a great deal of damage to communities throughout the state and cities and counties have a vested interest in punishing them. Sure, some of the regulations may be a bit overboard, but, the answer to that is relaxing some of the restrictions through the state and local legislatures, not breaking the law to sell illegal fireworks.

As others have stated, you are lucky. You COULD have been arrested and be facing jail time (AND the fines) rather than a simple fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">