• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for emergency custody hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Is Audible free, or have a cost involved? My eldest left his Kindle here when he went to school (apparently he can't find the charger), so I am considering absconding with that.

futuredust

Ive only painted part of the story. He was never around when we were together. I was always the primary caregiver. He was out with friends after work. He would leave us for the whole weekend with no vehicle while he went 3 hours away to go hunting, or to help a friend fix his house up. There he met a girl he cheated on me with. I left him. I had a rocky start gettin back on my feet and he used that against me. He hasnt paid child support since 2007. If i ever ask him for money he laughs at me and tells me he doesnt have to give me money since he never asked me for money. Which he has and i did give him money for daycare. When i first left him i put her in daycare and paid $150 a week. I asked him to pay for it one time since he was picking her up from there on a friday and he said "No, thats a contract between you and her, (the daycare lady) not me and her". He has a sick 8 month old in the hospital who has lived there her whole life and because of that he was unable to care for my daughter for about 6 months. He rarely had her at that time and i was ok with that since he had an emergency he was tending to. He bought a lincoln navigator that has a high car payment on it. I pay for her dance classes which cost $63 a month. She was in it for 9 months. He paid for one month. I asked him to pay the last 2 and he said ok and then bailed out at the last minute and said she doesnt even like ballet. I paid $80 for her dance costume. Plus her dance shoes n leotards. I paid $80 to enroll her in softball. He has helped me with nothing and ive done far to many favors for him to ask me "who do you thing you are? God?"

And i said No, im her mother.
On top of that I cant afford to work cause i cant afford daycare. When we first talked about having her equally and spliting everything equally daycare was suppsoed to be part of that. But since his girlfriend doesnt work, she watches her when he works. She cant get a job because she got caught stealing from work and had to goto court, so im sure no one will hire her.

Hes also left me with doctor bills to pay because he asked me to take her off of medical assistance so she could go on her insurance through work. I did that and then he got fired. THen he took her to the doctors and i got a Bill in the mail. I told them to send it to his address, which they did and he said he had nothing to do with it and that they had made a mistake and he wasnt going to pay it. So i ended up havin to pay it.

oh and let not forget that when i found the girl he was cheating with me online and was able to tell her that him and I were still "seeing" each other....she broke up with him and he told me he wasnt going to see our daughter at all anymore if i didnt tell his gf that everything i said was a lie.

After they break up for good her and i actaully became friends and she would send my daughter a whole wardrobe in the mail. And she said he racked up her credit cards and never paid her back...adn that he use to ask her if she thought he was a bad dad and she would think in her head that he was because he was very content with leaving our daughter with his gfs mom instead of takin her out and doing stuff with her. She also said if i needed her to come to court she would.
All of this ranting and raving about how he wronged you is meaningless. If there is no court order for child support then he doesn't have to pay anything.

If there are no orders for visitation, you don't have to let him take her. However, with that said, it would be terribly unfair to the child to jerk her away from her other parent who has been part of her life.

You need to go to court, establish child support and a visitation schedule.

Your relationship with him is over. Now you need to focus on the relationship between child and parent.

futuredust

Is Audible free, or have a cost involved? My eldest left his Kindle here when he went to school (apparently he can't find the charger), so I am considering absconding with that.

I want to get a Kindle, all of my children have requested one for Christmas as well. There are many free books on Amazon, they also offer the first chapter or two for free of most books so you can preview before you purchase.

Sara7962

I thought i read that someone said he didnt have to pay child support because there was no order for it.....if thats true why is there such thing as back support?

Antigone*

I thought i read that someone said he didnt have to pay child support because there was no order for it.....if thats true why is there such thing as back support?
If someone is ordered to pay support and they don't, then they have to pay "back support".;)

KTRMom

Back support would be if there was an order in place and he didn't pay, then he would owe the current support amount, as well as back payments.

Retro support would be if you file now for CS and it takes X amount of time for a judgment to be made, it's possible the court would order retro support going back to when you first filed. For example, if it takes 4 months to get an order, he could be ordered to pay the CS amount for the 4 months between when you filed and when you got the order.

All of this ranting and raving about how he wronged you is meaningless. If there is no court order for child support then he doesn't have to pay anything.

If there are no orders for visitation, you don't have to let him take her. However, with that said, it would be terribly unfair to the child to jerk her away from her other parent who has been part of her life.

Best advice in the thread, without personal opinion or attacks that can be found so often on here. OP, you had the option to file for support and chose not to, so please don't try to blame dad. Be sure you leave all the emotions out of court and stick to the facts.

mistoffolees

Back support would be if there was an order in place and he didn't pay, then he would owe the current support amount, as well as back payments.

Retro support would be if you file now for CS and it takes X amount of time for a judgment to be made, it's possible the court would order retro support going back to when you first filed. For example, if it takes 4 months to get an order, he could be ordered to pay the CS amount for the 4 months between when you filed and when you got the order.
Just for the record, in theory retroactive support can even go back to a time BEFORE the court filing. It's not common anywhere and may not even be possible in some states, but it is a theoretical possibility in extreme cases.

CSO286

No, audible is a "pay for" serivce....but iTunes also has a lot of books free on Podcast too...msotly the older stuff that is copywritten (??) anymore. The classics and all.....

I want a Kindle SOOOOOOO bad I can taste it.

mmmm.. . . . . .. . .kindle....mmmm

CSO286

Me too. And I have quite happily discovered that my library offers an enormous selection of audiobooks for free d/l to my phone. JOY!
I have to copy them to my itunes....my library isn't that tech-forward.....

*sigh*

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Plug it into the USB port of a computer. I'm pretty sure they'll charge from that. :p

CJane

I have to copy them to my itunes....my library isn't that tech-forward.....

*sigh*
Well, it's not my library, really. My library coordinates with:

NetLibrary

so, I can use THEIR services to get my hands on just about any audio book you can imagine. And they "check out" just like regular books. Basically, the file "self destructs" after a specified period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">