• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds to go from 50-50 to standard?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

profmum

BEcause I demanded to know what happened to make my son cry and call me, and why they took the phone away from him. I demanded to see him when I dropped my daughter off from hiphop.

I understand your angst (I would feel the same way if it were my child) but bad move Mum.. really bad move..you have no right to demand to see him. I would asked Dad to see him politely and if he refused, LEAVE. You could always ask for a welfare check later if you really thought your son was in trouble.

She flew at my face and screamed they were HER kids because they were on HER time and that I was interfering. I told her they are not her kids, ever.

Terrible move on SMum's part here..

I tried to get around her to see my son, who was standing in the door crying.
She shoved me.
My son ran out the door in his bare feet. I got him into the truck. My daughter came running out with their backpacks. And now we're at my house.
It's dads time. So I'm worried about that. Fortunately our decree isn't specific to dates, it just says alternating weeks.
God what a mess.

Yes it is a MESS.. you took the kids from Dad's house without his permission on his parenting time..never mind the lack of specificity in the CO, since you did this without his permission. I understand how outraged you must have felt when you heard your son cry, now calm down, calm the kids down and return them to Dad's if it is still his parenting week.

Last edited:

CJane

Yes it is a MESS.. you took the kids from Dad's house without his permission on his parenting time..never mind the lack of specificity in the CO, since you did this without his persmission. I understand how outraged you must have felt when you heard your son cry, now calm down, calm the kids down and return them to Dad's if it is still his parenting week.

Sorry, no.

If Dad shows up to pick them up, let them go. But do NOT go back over there.

File a restraining order against StepMom in the AM. File a motion to at the VERY LEAST make pick ups/drop offs public.

profmum

What's my next step? Do I call a lawyer in the morning and try to get in like right away...? I don't know what to do. Can I ask for a restraining order against her? Do I take my police report with me to the lawyer?
The kids right now seem to be happy. THey are happy to be here. I wish they hadn't seen that.

You are in contempt right now for taking the kids away from Dad on his time without his permission, you tried to enter his house to see your son, then got the kids to run to your truck and then drove away.. that is a heap of trouble!
Yes your son was crying, but that was Dad's responsibility (and right) to deal with on his time, NOT your's at all. SMum or Dad had no obligation to allow you to see your son..

I would first worry about that aspect before the SMum aspect for now!

profmum

Sorry, no.

If Dad shows up to pick them up, let them go. But do NOT go back over there.

Agreed, that may be a more rational approach given the high emotions right now, but make sure the kids have the oppurtunity to go back to Dad's today.

kimberlywrites

I didn't tell the kids to do anything. They did it all by themselves. They were scared to death seeing mom get shoved by someone who scares them on a daily basis with her mean ways.
The police were just here, and I'll be at the lawyer's in the morning.
I'll update then. I'm not going to be afraid to admit I messed up (if I in fact did) and will post here so others might learn from it.

CJane

I didn't tell the kids to do anything. They did it all by themselves. They were scared to death seeing mom get shoved by someone who scares them on a daily basis with her mean ways.
The police were just here, and I'll be at the lawyer's in the morning.
I'll update then. I'm not going to be afraid to admit I messed up (if I in fact did) and will post here so others might learn from it.
Did you ask them what you needed to do to file a restraining order?

kimberlywrites

Did you ask them what you needed to do to file a restraining order?
He said to do it through the courts. He asked me where dad was when all this was going down. I said 'standing right there watching.' He was amazed.
I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Meanwhile kids are all tucked in. They are happy. I have a massive headache, naturally.
I will check back here because I'm looking for words on what to do tomorrow, what to ask for.

kimberlywrites

You are in contempt right now for taking the kids away from Dad on his time without his permission, you tried to enter his house to see your son, then got the kids to run to your truck and then drove away.. that is a heap of trouble!
Yes your son was crying, but that was Dad's responsibility (and right) to deal with on his time, NOT your's at all. SMum or Dad had no obligation to allow you to see your son..

I would first worry about that aspect before the SMum aspect for now!
For argument's sake, I didn't try to enter the house. My son LEFT their house. I was outside on the doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">