• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Habitual Violator caught driving and back in Jail. What are some of the possible outcomes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

That's why I said "may".

I think Member better consider that the charges just might stick.
In his previous thread, I believe we told Member he would have some time to think about the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing.

It seems likely now that he will be given additional time to consider if the relationship is working for him.

Member2455

OK, thanks guys for all the replies. Maybe, I should just abandon ship. I really do not think she was drinking this time but the driving and taking the risk was a huge mistake, esp. now in hindsight. Her rationale was I will only drive into town to buy food and to Lowes for home improvement supplies and I will never drink and drive again + she said I will drive very defensively. I do not live with her. I am about an hour away from her. I have to take care of my elderly mother, but I was supporting her financially and going to see her as much as possible. We have essentially a long distance relationship ATM. She lives out in the Country also so the nearest grocery store is at least 10 miles away. Ugh!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OK, thanks guys for all the replies. Maybe, I should just abandon ship. I really do not think she was drinking this time but the driving and taking the risk was a huge mistake, esp. now in hindsight.
So she WAS driving. Lying to the police is also something that won't help. And, be real. If she WASN'T drinking & driving, then why refuse the blood test?

This gal's got you snowed man.

Member2455

Do you think the police officer would actually call the eyewitness into court to testify. MY GF said she might plead guilty to the driving while suspended but not to the DUI / less safe charge? If she accepts the driving while suspended, they will still get her for the driving while declared - HV (F). See image below of charges. Thanks for all your replies--

quincy

@quincy, thanks but what if I can't afford a good criminal defense attorney?
She should be eligible for a public defender.

No one here can predict what the prosecutor will be willing to offer your girlfriend in exchange for a guilty plea. Her attorney will advise her.

Member2455

@Zigner , she passed both the field sobriety test and the breathalyzer. Why the need to draw blood back at the prison? She did refuse the blood sample. Thanks--

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
OK, thanks guys for all the replies. Maybe, I should just abandon ship. I really do not think she was drinking this time but the driving and taking the risk was a huge mistake, esp. now in hindsight. Her rationale was I will only drive into town to buy food and to Lowes for home improvement supplies and I will never drink and drive again + she said I will drive very defensively. I do not live with her. I am about an hour away from her. I have to take care of my elderly mother, but I was supporting her financially and going to see her as much as possible. We have essentially a long distance relationship ATM. She lives out in the Country also so the nearest grocery store is at least 10 miles away. Ugh!
You need to take care of yourself first.

You have put yourself in a precarious position, in part out of your loyalty to someone who doesn't appreciate it. If you weren't helping her out financially, you might not need a replacement bank card, ss card, and greencard.

The conditions of her parole were that she be on good behavior, and she violated it several different ways.

Do you think the police officer would actually call the eyewitness into court to testify. MY GF said she might plead guilty to the driving while suspended but not to the DUI / less safe charge? If she accepts the driving while suspended, they will still get her for the driving while declared - HV (F). See image below of charges. Thanks for all your replies--
If she admits to driving while suspended, her refusal of the blood test will count against her.

Please, do not give another dime to this thoughtless woman! Let her retain her own criminal lawyer. If that means she has a public defender, than so be it.

quincy

You should know that anything your girlfriend confesses to you can be used against her in court if you are called as a witness for the prosecution.

She should say nothing to anyone but her attorney.

Just Blue

Oy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">