• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hare Krishna's are being bullied by a "street person"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

violas

No. It is a very good corner. It has nearby buildings that keep the hot sun out and keeps us protected when it rains. The other nearby corners offer no such protections. Plus we have been going to this very same area for years. Why should we allow some bully to kick us out of this great corner?

violas

The delusion that he “owns” that corner could be what keeps him going. We all like to believe we belong somewhere.

I hope that you will not have to resort to violence of any kind. Perhaps you and your friends can relocate to a different corner so you do not infringe on what he believes is his territory.

Good luck.
No. He is not going to get "our good corner" We are all going to "Stand our Ground"

quincy

No. He is not going to get "our good corner" We are all going to "Stand our Ground"
That’s unfortunate. The fellow might well feel the right to stand his ground, too - which can lead to an unnecessary altercation where someone gets hurt. I hope this one street corner is truly worth it.

Call the police when such a call seems warranted.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That’s unfortunate. The fellow might well feel the right to stand his ground, too - which can lead to an unnecessary altercation where someone gets hurt. I hope this one street corner is truly worth it.
It apparently is. Because:
It is a very good corner. It has nearby buildings that keep the hot sun out and keeps us protected when it rains.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I personally prefer street corners where there is little risk of me being harassed, bloodied and bruised. Maybe it’s just me, though.
Perhaps this corner is a better location for proselytizing? I don't know - do the Hare Krishna's still do that?

And does Florida's Stand Your Ground law include public sidewalks? Just curious.

quincy

Perhaps this corner is a better location for proselytizing? I don't know - do the Hare Krishna's still do that?

And does Florida's Stand Your Ground law include public sidewalks? Just curious.
Violas has the right to defend herself, even on a public sidewalk. I was curious if the group needed a permit but, apparently, violas says the police said they can sing and dance on the corner.

violas

Hmmm.... to show kindness to the poor soul whose mental issues are triggered by your presence? Self-denial and sacrifice by the group of their "perfect" corner? To avoid trouble?
OK. So let's say we go to a "different corner" We get the hot sun burning us up and getting rained on the many rainy days. Plus. There are about 20 homeless persons in this immediate area. So we might find yet another "new bully" at our next location.

Just Blue

OK. So let's say we go to a "different corner" We get the hot sun burning us up and getting rained on the many rainy days. Plus. There are about 20 homeless persons in this immediate area. So we might find yet another "new bully" at our next location.
Why don't you have your weekly gathering in either your or one of the other members homes/yards? How about having the gathering in a park under a gazebo?

quincy

Perhaps you can recruit the guy and you can sing and dance to his guitar accompaniment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">