• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help needed asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What is with those chicks who even want to represent their jailbird boyfriends?

I am puzzled by LoriWeis1's use of the word "globalization."
I think she must have heard the term "global settlement" somewhere, where you deal with multiples charges/jurisdictions in one settlement/plea.

However, she seems to think that her boyfriend should be able to plead "not guilty" on most if not all of his charges, and do so at once, in one court.

Pleading "not guilty" is how you don't get a plea deal. Lori thinks that someone is going to hear her boyfriend's tale of woe, concluded with "But since I met Lori 2 weeks ago, I am a reformed man! I am bettering myself," and react with, "Well by golly, the love of a good-ish woman cures all - we're dropping all charges!"

@LoriWeis1 : Use multiple forms of contraception.

quincy

I think she must have heard the term "global settlement" somewhere, where you deal with multiples charges/jurisdictions in one settlement/plea.

However, she seems to think that her boyfriend should be able to plead "not guilty" on most if not all of his charges, and do so at once, in one court.

Pleading "not guilty" is how you don't get a plea deal. Lori thinks that someone is going to hear her boyfriend's tale of woe, concluded with "But since I met Lori 2 weeks ago, I am a reformed man! I am bettering myself," and react with, "Well by golly, the love of a good-ish woman cures all - we're dropping all charges!"

@LoriWeis1 : Use multiple forms of contraception.
My first thought on reading "globalization" was that Lori was tossing out random words. It was only when Blue mentioned Canada that I thought maybe more than one country could be involved.

My favorite line is: "I have come up with a really good release plan for him that he is fully in agreeance with."

As long as they think it's a good release plan, the court has to go along with it, right? ;)

Just Blue

I sent a pm to Lori...hopefully it will tag her e-mail and she will come back and answer what state/country/principality/fiefdom/galaxy...et al..

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
My first thought on reading "globalization" was that Lori was tossing out random words. It was only when Blue mentioned Canada that I thought maybe more than one country could be involved.

My favorite line is: "I have come up with a really good release plan for him that he is fully in agreeance with."

As long as they think it's a good release plan, the court has to go along with it, right? ;)
Everyone has their pet peeves.

My pet peeve is people who seem to think that they should always be able to plea bargain their way to "time served", because their intentions were good, or at least not malicious. At least, not malicious to their way of thinking.

Lori has to learn that good intentions have to be followed up by good actions, consistently good actions, in order for the legal system to see her boyfriend as a person who has "bettered" himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">