• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaxpink

yikes

Yes your Fiance needs to file a demand letter for visitation, you can download a form if her county has a website and then print it or you fiance can go into the courthouse and ask for one and pay a filing fee- then Call the court cooridnater and get a hearing-

kim123

help

No I am not offended by her comments, in fact I am greatful. I have no idea what to do. My fiance, Bob, he doesn't know either. His whole relationship with his son has been destroyed and he feels like there is nothing he can do, he went to the lawyer and he was no help, just a large bill. He filed in Beaver County and paid the court fees and was told he was in the wrong court. Then he did not have the money to file again.

CJane

Yes your Fiance needs to file a demand letter for visitation, you can download a form if her county has a website and then print it or you fiance can go into the courthouse and ask for one and pay a filing fee- then Call the court cooridnater and get a hearing-
Please stop. I know you're trying to help, but you don't know if Pennsylvania OFFERS forms (My state sure doesn't) or HAS court coordinators, or anything else.

It isn't helping to give inaccurate advice for the original poster's state.

kim123

Thank you!!! Although you may not realize this. Signing onto this website has really enlightened me. I can now help my fiance to understand what he is to do. Thanks Ohiogal, I understand it is not "We" it and I know I have absolutely no say except to pay the bill. :p

Have a great night everyone! Happy Turkey Day too!

Silverplum

Please stop. I know you're trying to help, but you don't know if Pennsylvania OFFERS forms (My state sure doesn't) or HAS court coordinators, or anything else.

CJane speaks truth, young poster.

And PA does offer forms -- I found 'em by googling. Google is your friend. I didn't know if PA did or not...therefore, I googled. If you don't know, google and find out.

kim123

Thanks Silverplum! If you think of anything else that may be helpful in the situation I am helping Bob deal with please let me know!

Happy Thanksgiving!

jaxpink

if

CJane speaks truth, young poster.

And PA does offer forms -- I found 'em by googling. Google is your friend. I didn't know if PA did or not...therefore, I googled. If you don't know, google and find out.
i said "if" her county has them- last time i was in Beaver County in PA they did !! That was March this Year!

jaxpink

sure

Why cant I help? I am very aware of how to set up a hearing! Is that a problem. Its not inaccurate.

TinkerBelleLuvr

jaxpink, each state has their own rules. Therefore, that which you know how to do in your state may not pertain to any other state. I google a lot to find the state government site for each state to LEARN.

jaxpink

jaxpink, each state has their own rules. Therefore, that which you know how to do in your state may not pertain to any other state. I google a lot to find the state government site for each state to LEARN.
yes do you search per county to find any forms avail as well not just what the laws are- I am well aware each state is different- so i told her if the county was avail - Appiliqua or Monaca-

tuffbrk

May I very gently suggest that you read posts for a while, understand how the forum is managed, observe and learn from the senior members before you start responding?

It is generally an indication of good manners upon entering a meeting "live" and in-person to defer to the parties clearly established and in charge of the meeting & become accustomed to the established style as opposed to say - grabbing the microphone from the host. :eek:

Just a gentle suggestion and some food for thought.

jaxpink

May I very gently suggest that you read posts for a while, understand how the forum is managed, observe and learn from the senior members before you start responding?

It is generally an indication of good manners upon entering a meeting "live" and in-person to defer to the parties clearly established and in charge of the meeting & become accustomed to the established style as opposed to say - grabbing the microphone from the host. :eek:

Just a gentle suggestion and some food for thought.
i read this post prior the the 1st comment was posted- im missing your point- are you telling me that the "advice" i gave her is invalid or unsound?? She just said they cant afford an attorney-

so you have typed more postings and is that now that I cant give this lady a tip of how to get started on filing something-

(724) 728-3934
this is the filing number to the county - its now 5 in PA but they can assist you the next bussiness day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No I am not offended by her comments, in fact I am greatful. I have no idea what to do. My fiance, Bob, he doesn't know either. His whole relationship with his son has been destroyed and he feels like there is nothing he can do, he went to the lawyer and he was no help, just a large bill. He filed in Beaver County and paid the court fees and was told he was in the wrong court. Then he did not have the money to file again.
No money and he can file a poverty affidavit. He needs to swear attest and affirm that he has no money for the fees and have it notarized but a poverty affidavit is normally accepted. Good old Beaver County. His relationship has NOT been destroyed however unless he allows it to be. There are many things he can do. He can file a motion for visitation/custody asking the standard visitation plan in his county and file that with a poverty affidavit. Then he can also request counseling to be ordered for him and his son.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you!!! Although you may not realize this. Signing onto this website has really enlightened me. I can now help my fiance to understand what he is to do. Thanks Ohiogal, I understand it is not "We" it and I know I have absolutely no say except to pay the bill. :p

Have a great night everyone! Happy Turkey Day too!
Dang. YOu are going to become my new favorite newbie if you keep accepting criticism in the way it is attended. And you don't have to pay the bill. If your fiance is willing to take the time he can represent himself. He needs to read the local rules, state rules of civil procedure and the rules of evidence. And comprehend them of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">