• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to restrict access of ncp's girlfriend around daughter.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In all fairness, they are BOTH hypocrites. Neither one of them want the other to have another potential significant other around the child, yet both of them see nothing wrong with doing it themselves. Its not at all surprising or abnormal either.
We're only talking to one of them. And, I suspect that dad's response was a knee-jerk reaction to the unreasonable demands of mom.

ETA: Correction - we're not talking to *either* of them. My mistake.

Last edited:

single317dad

Funny you should say that. He told my daughter that she better not bring other guys around the baby. She once had a male friend over (just a friend, nothing more) who was helping her move dirt in the yard. The ex saw him when he came to pick up the baby and he was livid.
Then what you have there is two parents who need to GROW UP. Step away and let them work it out amongst themselves. Good day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In all fairness, they are BOTH hypocrites. Neither one of them want the other to have another potential significant other around the child, yet both of them see nothing wrong with doing it themselves. Its not at all surprising or abnormal either.
REally? We don't know that that was dad's reasoning. We don't know if he was livid or even WHY he was livid. But hey we do know that the daughter is making demands according to her overinvolved mom who is posting all the interwebz.

ETA: And if she is here posting on her daughter's behalf, most likely she is making her daughter seem positive and dad negative in order to bolster her daughter's case.

Last edited:

LdiJ

REally? We don't know that that was dad's reasoning. We don't know if he was livid or even WHY he was livid. But hey we do know that the daughter is making demands according to her overinvolved mom who is posting all the interwebz.

ETA: And if she is here posting on her daughter's behalf, most likely she is making her daughter seem positive and dad negative in order to bolster her daughter's case.
Sure that's possible...but after observing a lot of young parents in my world...I would just about bet that they are both being hypocrites. It happened just the other day with my daughter. The father of her youngest child has a deal with her that he will take the baby quite a bit, on short notice, if she needs help due to job interviews or school, if she will take his children (the baby's brothers and sisters) when he has a last minute job. (he does lawncare in the summer). He has a fit because his children are around mom's new boyfriend, and mom just got whiff of the arrangement between dad and my daughter and is now having a fit about that.

He didn't even get that he was being a hypocrite until I pointed it out.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We're only talking to one of them. And, I suspect that dad's response was a knee-jerk reaction to the unreasonable demands of mom.

ETA: Correction - we're not talking to *either* of them. My mistake.
LOL was just going to say - we're not talking to either parent. Granny needs to step back.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sure that's possible...but after observing a lot of young parents in my world...I would just about bet that they are both being hypocrites. It happened just the other day with my daughter. The father of her youngest child has a deal with her that he will take the baby quite a bit, on short notice, if she needs help due to job interviews or school, if she will take his children (the baby's brothers and sisters) when he has a last minute job. (he does lawncare in the summer). He has a fit because his children are around mom's new boyfriend, and mom just got whiff of the arrangement between dad and my daughter and is now having a fit about that.

He didn't even get that he was being a hypocrite until I pointed it out.
Then they need to both get over it. And Granny needs to recognize it and smack some sense into her daughter.

stellas

grandma,

Truly your best course of action would be to get your daughter to accept that unless there is blatant abuse, she really has no business trying to control her ex. It's far worse for your grandaughter to have parents who can't get along than it is for her to see her dad dating.

But, from a legal point of view, a judge will likely be annoyed by your daughter taking up court time for something to petty and unimportant as "I don't want my ex to bring girls he dates around my kid!". I mean....seriously.

No, really - your daughter needs to deal with this herself. She's a big girl who is a Mommy. Time for her to pull up her big girl pants and act like it. Please tell her to do so when she is available. And no - working and parenting does not mean she has no time to do it. Many of us here have done both PLUS handed our legal situations. It's called being an adult.
She is dealing with it herself. She lives with me though, and I get to hear about it. Sometimes I get riled up over it. The extent of my "meddling" is posting on a message board to get opinions and maybe even some ideas that I might be able to suggest to her. Forget about her posting here. She's just not into message boards. I am.

When she talks to me about it my input is generally "Mmmhmm. Yeah. Yep, he sure is a jerk. So when are you going to file for child support anyway?"

P.S. What does her having a child out of wedlock have to do with anything? It shows that she is not that concerned about the importance of a long-term, committed relationship. So she cannot complain when Dad doesn't, either. :eek:
You're making way too many assumptions without even knowing the facts.

Well, we're making our "ass"umptions based on your facts. You want us to give the best possible opinion? Provide all the facts.

Have a nice day.
Oh no! You people are having way too much fun judging her. :rolleyes: No more juicy tidbits for you!

What her relationship was like with him at the time, whether she married him or not, and how she felt about long term commitment is all beside the point, and we are not going to get into it. Its off topic and has no bearing on anything.

ecmst12

Sounds like your responses are about what they should be. Except maybe instead of asking her when she will file for child support, you should ask when she's planning on getting her own place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">