• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband gave our Jaguar away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

But to be more on topic... My ex liked to pronounce the car name (and animal) as Jag-wire. Drove me nuts.
We have some car dealers around here whose ads annoy me because they don’t say Jag-wire (or “ja-gwaar”). Haha.

The “jag-u-ar” pronunciation is British.

Just Blue

Liberry is my personal pet peeve. :)
When I was a little girl ( 7ish) my mother sat me down and made me repeat Library until I said it correctly. Liberry was her pet peeve as well...and all native Lynners say it that way. The lesson worked and I stopped mispronouncing it.

One of my pet peeves is "drug" ...ie...I was drug across the ground.
I read a news article the other day and the writer used that expression. It was a southern paper so I figure it's southern vernacular. (Yay! I spelled that correctly without looking it up!!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">