• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe my brother murdered my mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Maryland. My mother was a quadriplegic. She sent my brother to technical school. 17 years ago, my mother was considering taking my brother out of the will. He beat her up and stole money from her a few times, amongst other things, and she was trying desperately to get someone to take them to officially take him out of her will. She had moved to live with family because she did not feel safe. My mother had called my father and told him he was no longer allowed there and had to stay with him and, knowing that my brother was being abusive, and because of a lot of her stolen antidepressants were found in the garage, in combination with some stolen liquor reported became suspicious and sold her house to move in with family. My brother reported her death to me, and I never really got to hear the whole story at the time of how. I am scared to death of some of my family members, especially my dad who might have had something to do with this. He's a very dangerous person we were trying to stay away from and I can give more details if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

I was suspicious about how she died, messing with the will, after repeatedly begging me to get him out of her new home, where he quit his job to go live with, and she said she was taking him out of the will. Something was going on, but I didn't quite understand the full story.

Later on, a few years later, my brother moved in to the inherited house with me, and did a lot of stealing and treating me like crap. Then he admitted to poisoning my mother. My dad and brother have been doing everything they can to try and brainwash me out of knowing too much about this. He's my brother and I believed he was telling the truth when he admitted to having done it. But just because someone murders someone, doesn't mean they are going to be guilty, so basically my dad brainwashed his side of the family into believing I made it up, being mad about all the other sociopathic and worthless things my brother and his friends were up to, which I think is bad reasoning and would argue that it only supports it more.

Being scared, I left it alone for some time until more witnesses told me things that connected more things I knew, but didn't quite connect together.

I reported the crime right away but wasn't taken very seriously, and not believing in the integrity of the government, I have been unsure what to do. This makes me very sad, mad, confused.

Now recently Ive decided to turn him into the police, and actually type up an email to the major crimes detective in that district telling them everything I know about this, and why I think there might be a case.

This took some efforts to get through. First they told me to call a therapist, another guy on the phone told me that they don't really get involved with homicides, and I was waiting for someone to paypal me a quarter to call someone who cares.

I believe to have been taken more seriously this time. Right now, the officer says to be waiting for a written report from the Office of Chief Medical Examiner, which might take another week or 2 he says.

I am hoping therewill be conclusive evidence.

I realize there is no protection if he's not found guilty, and if I am immediately murdered, my crooked dad's side of the family will help cover up my murder too like they are doing to my mother. Heck my dad kidnapped me to help facilitate this murder, whether intentionally or not, just to take advantage of the fact that my brother had to stay with him, and he made up a bunch of lies to abduct me and use me to pay his bills. He isn't a good person and I do not trust him.

How screwed am I for knowing about this?

And what next? Can I sue him for this? Can my grandfather sue for the funeral, or anything else?

My brother hasn't changed and needs to go to prison. This makes me feel bad but, there's been a few recent assassination attempts which I believe was my brother.

Here are my worries:

I'm wondering if I have enough to build a case up. The witnesses might get scared and leave me all alone on this one. If they get locked up, they too can kill me.

The police might refuse to care and lock me up just to silence me up instead just to get rid of the burden of having to do anything hard. I have stopped contacting them. I'm also worried about them framing me for something, thinking that I'll try to back out of this and flea the country or something, which I wasn't planning on doing. Is there any way to just use my statement without having to meet them and likely sit in jail waiting for court?

I so badly want to go talk to the people that were around my mother at the time of suspicious activity and relevant events, but do not want to contaminate the investigation. For example, they could lie to me and then go along with the lie in court, because of this.

I have been financially ruined by repeated burglaries and vandalisms and cannot afford to defend myself. At this point I really do not care if I die, and even going to jail isn't the primary issue. I just want people to know what happened.

Just any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

commentator

Oh my goodness. You "don't trust the government" but you live with people you believe to have abused and taken advantage of and eventually murdered your mother, and are actively involved with and living with people whom you believe have the potential to murder you!

What I would advise you to do is to put all your thought and energy and concern into getting yourself OUT of this situation of living with these people, even if it involves you leaving them with the house and such. Are you on some type of fixed income.? Do you have medical and health care benefits provided to you? I would advise you thus, and this is NOT saying that I do not believe you, by any means, I have certainly seen some sick-o situations going on. But what you need to do is put yourself in the hands of a counselor or good mental health professional, and letting them run through this situation with you. Let them help you figure out some way to remove yourself from constant association with these people. The next step might be to right past injustices and crimes committed, but the FIRST step, right now, is keeping yourself safe.

Some of the things you are saying indicate you feel very hopeless and that you are being reckless in your behavior toward these possibly very dangerous people. And that isn't acceptable. The best way you can obtain revenge for your mother's situation is not to let youself be treated the same way. The way to avoid that is to get outside this family circle and talk to someone else (NOT THE POLICE) but a mental health professional who can help give you some perspective.

The police are not in the habit of "locking someone away" just because they are having a problem with them, but the police, for the most part, are young people, untrained in dealing with disturbed people or with old suspected crimes. They will not lock you away, they don't have that kind of authority or set up, but what they will do is whole heartedly ignore you. You need badly to find someone to listen to you and help you within the health care community. My prayers go out to you that this person appears in your lfe quickly.

quincy

I live in Maryland. My mother was a quadriplegic. She sent my brother to technical school. 17 years ago, my mother was considering taking my brother out of the will. He beat her up and stole money from her a few times, amongst other things, and she was trying desperately to get someone to take them to officially take him out of her will. She had moved to live with family because she did not feel safe. My mother had called my father and told him he was no longer allowed there and had to stay with him and, knowing that my brother was being abusive, and because of a lot of her stolen antidepressants were found in the garage, in combination with some stolen liquor reported became suspicious and sold her house to move in with family. My brother reported her death to me, and I never really got to hear the whole story at the time of how. I am scared to death of some of my family members, especially my dad who might have had something to do with this. He's a very dangerous person we were trying to stay away from and I can give more details if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

I was suspicious about how she died, messing with the will, after repeatedly begging me to get him out of her new home, where he quit his job to go live with, and she said she was taking him out of the will. Something was going on, but I didn't quite understand the full story.

Later on, a few years later, my brother moved in to the inherited house with me, and did a lot of stealing and treating me like crap. Then he admitted to poisoning my mother. My dad and brother have been doing everything they can to try and brainwash me out of knowing too much about this. He's my brother and I believed he was telling the truth when he admitted to having done it. But just because someone murders someone, doesn't mean they are going to be guilty, so basically my dad brainwashed his side of the family into believing I made it up, being mad about all the other sociopathic and worthless things my brother and his friends were up to, which I think is bad reasoning and would argue that it only supports it more.

Being scared, I left it alone for some time until more witnesses told me things that connected more things I knew, but didn't quite connect together.

I reported the crime right away but wasn't taken very seriously, and not believing in the integrity of the government, I have been unsure what to do. This makes me very sad, mad, confused.

Now recently Ive decided to turn him into the police, and actually type up an email to the major crimes detective in that district telling them everything I know about this, and why I think there might be a case.

This took some efforts to get through. First they told me to call a therapist, another guy on the phone told me that they don't really get involved with homicides, and I was waiting for someone to paypal me a quarter to call someone who cares.

I believe to have been taken more seriously this time. Right now, the officer says to be waiting for a written report from the Office of Chief Medical Examiner, which might take another week or 2 he says.

I am hoping therewill be conclusive evidence.

I realize there is no protection if he's not found guilty, and if I am immediately murdered, my crooked dad's side of the family will help cover up my murder too like they are doing to my mother. Heck my dad kidnapped me to help facilitate this murder, whether intentionally or not, just to take advantage of the fact that my brother had to stay with him, and he made up a bunch of lies to abduct me and use me to pay his bills. He isn't a good person and I do not trust him.

And what next? Can I sue him for this? Can my grandfather sue for the funeral, or anything else?

My brother hasn't changed and needs to go to prison. This makes me feel bad but, there's been a few recent assassination attempts which I believe was my brother.

Here are my worries:

I'm wondering if I have enough to build a case up. The witnesses might get scared and leave me all alone on this one. If they get locked up, they too can kill me.

The police might refuse to care and lock me up just to silence me up instead just to get rid of the burden of having to do anything hard. I have stopped contacting them. I'm also worried about them framing me for something, thinking that I'll try to back out of this and flea the country or something, which I wasn't planning on doing. Is there any way to just use my statement without having to meet them and likely sit in jail waiting for court?

I so badly want to go talk to the people that were around my mother at the time of suspicious activity and relevant events, but do not want to contaminate the investigation. For example, they could lie to me and then go along with the lie in court, because of this.

I have been financially ruined by repeated burglaries and vandalisms and cannot afford to defend myself. At this point I really do not care if I die, and even going to jail isn't the primary issue. I just want people to know what happened.

Thanks.
Two suggestions: First is to call a domestic violence hotline for advice (https://211md.org/resources/domestic-family-violence/) and Second is to speak to an investigative reporter at one of your state’s news groups (e.g., Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Banner, WMAR-TV, WBAL-TV) who can secretly look into your allegations.

zddoodah

Not sure what you expect anyone to say in response to this question.

Can I sue him for this? Can my grandfather sue for the funeral, or anything else?
Anyone can sue anyone for anything. If you or your grandfather wants to sue your brother for wrongful death, I suggest you/he consult with a local attorney.

Your post has a lot of earmarks of someone who might benefit from the services of a mental health professional.

I don't need mental support, I just wonder if this is really the world we live in? I would never report a burglary or assault, or a driveby shooting, as I have from experience many times learned that police do not care to investigate silly things like this, and have better things to do. But murder? I really want to leave the country right now.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't need mental support, I just wonder if this is really the world we live in? I would never report a burglary or assault, or a driveby shooting, as I have from experience many times learned that police do not care to investigate silly things like this, and have better things to do. But murder? I really want to leave the country right now.
Enjoy your trip.

quincy

You can hire a private investigator or contact an investigative reporter ... or ignore it all, arm yourself with a passport, pack a bag or two, and head off to a country that you believe has better police.

commentator

Only you live in your world. Medication might help. If you truly believe these people are so evil, you are responsible for whatever happens to you at their hands, NOT the country, and NOT the police.

quincy

As a note, your reluctance to, or your failure to, report to law enforcement any crimes that you witness or that you have knowledge of can be the cause of increased crime and harm to others. You are helping to create the world you live in.

Yea, and I need therapy also to help cover for lies and gaslight me for telling the truth. I knew this would happen right from the start. I feel my story will help the immigration situation in the United States. Maybe the Mexicans will keep going to Canada to a place where murder is an enforced crime. In the United States, murder isn't an enforced crime. No wonder this is why they come from all around the globe to unload elephant tranquilizers. I will go to all the news groups tomorrow. It all makes sense now why murder is so unenforced in the United States because this is a place where violence is blasted in everyone's face on television constantly. I see why people want to defund this group and refer to them as pigs. Entire religious groups have came to the conclusion that the world is ran by Satan. The bigger picture is not that you all do not believe me when I say this sicko killed his mother but that it's not even looked into at all. When your murderer says it was a suicide this is final unless you are a celebrity. Judgement day will come for these coward pigs

quincy

GuyOnTheWeb, your latest post has been reported to the FreeAdvice moderator for a personal review.

I don’t think you are going to find the help you need on this forum. Please look through the information provided in the links posted earlier to find resources in your area.

Good luck.

Enjoy your stay here then. I believe I speak good enough Spanish to be given enough respect that if someone murders me the police will require them to at least try to cover up their crimes unlike in Maryland where murder of ordinary citizens goes unenforced. It really is that bad. I know I won't be paying taxes to these conspirators again. This place has become a safe haven for sick predators and criminals and an embarrassment to be a part of. Part of the reason we woke up today is nobody made the decision for us that we'd be dying against our consent, which I'll from now on refer to as murder, not suicide.

quincy

Enjoy your stay here then. I believe I speak good enough Spanish to be given enough respect that if someone murders me the police will require them to at least try to cover up their crimes unlike in Maryland where murder of ordinary citizens goes unenforced. It really is that bad. I know I won't be paying taxes to these conspirators again. This place has become a safe haven for sick predators and criminals and an embarrassment to be a part of. Part of the reason we woke up today is nobody made the decision for us that we'd be dying against our consent, which I'll from now on refer to as murder, not suicide.
Okay. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">