• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if wife locked in room by spouse and phone taken away -- advice to protect her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja12

I have friend in Washington state who has conflicts with her husband and her husband is crazy and I m concerned for her safety. Her husband may lock her in some room and take away her phone and we may not able to contact her. How can police help and I file missing person report what they can do like if I am not able to contact her number and she is not reachable for couple of days ? Concern is her husband can even manipulate police at door by saying false things. How can police help to protect her if she is locked out

PayrollHRGuy

You could call the police department in the jurisdiction where your friend is and ask for them to do a welfare check and explain your concerns.

But, you would help your friend more if you helped her find help before she is locked in a room.

Just Blue

I have friend in Washington state who has conflicts with her husband and her husband is crazy and I m concerned for her safety. Her husband may lock her in some room and take away her phone and we may not able to contact her. How can police help and I file missing person report what they can do like if I am not able to contact her number and she is not reachable for couple of days ? Concern is her husband can even manipulate police at door by saying false things. How can police help to protect her if she is locked out
How do you know the husband is crazy? Are you privy to his mental health records? Or is this what your friend is telling you?

Ninja12

IF i call police and ask for wellness check there may be possibility that her husband says she is not home or she is sleeping anything. If i state my concerns to police that she may be locked inside can police still enter home and look around if she is fine or not.?

PayrollHRGuy

IF i call police and ask for wellness check there may be possibility that her husband says she is not home or she is sleeping anything. If i state my concerns to police that she may be locked inside can police still enter home and look around if she is fine or not.?
If the officers are there to do a wellness check on a person they are going to talk to the person. Any information you give will likely not rise to the level of probable cause for them to enter the house unless they are invited.

Now, tell me why you ignored the part about getting your friend help now instead of just calling the police?

Who are these people to you and are you in the same city?

Ninja12

If officers dont see her and her husband doesnt let her see them what will officers do ?

Things are fine right now and we are just trying to see what we can do in case things go wrong. We cannot ask her to leave as of now unless something like this happens. She is my friend and we in same city.

quincy

She should seek help now from a domestic abuse organization. They can guide her on how best to protect herself.

PayrollHRGuy

If officers dont see her and her husband doesnt let her see them what will officers do ?

Things are fine right now and we are just trying to see what we can do in case things go wrong. We cannot ask her to leave as of now unless something like this happens. She is my friend and we in same city.
If the officers don't see her they will likely come back and try again later. The would of course be even more likely if you were to have dropped by your friend's house a few times and she was constantly not there.

If your friend is in a relationship that she is concerned about such abuse things are most definitely NOT "fine right now."

When was the last time you saw her in person?

Last edited:

Ninja12

I saw her in person last week and i check on her on call in 2 to 3 days .

So basically officers wont stop unless they see her in person and will continue to stop by and search her ?

PayrollHRGuy

I saw her in person last week and i check on her on call in 2 to 3 days .

So basically officers wont stop unless they see her in person and will continue to stop by and search her ?
How hard they work it is up to the officers and the department's policy.

But once again you have ignored the parts of my post about getting her out now.

Describe your relationship with your friend.

Ninja12

Its about me knowing what can be done inorder to protect someone in danger like this. Nothing bad has happened yet but God forbids if something happens I m trying to know what can be done in that case. We cannot get her out right now as nothing happened so far but we should be always prepared for the worst.

I m her good friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">