• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Landlord Trying to Evict us because of ESA Animals?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

I recommend you work with and listen to the advice and direction of your legal aid lawyer. This lawyer is more informed than any of us can hope to be. Good luck.
Hopefully the legal aid attorney has the information that they are on a month to month situation and were given a notice to vacate.

quincy

Your link (and this thread) have been reported for moderator review. There is identifying information in your link, Sophia, that should not be posted on a public forum when you are considering a legal action.

SophiaHadez

Hopefully the legal aid attorney has the information that they are on a month to month situation and were given a notice to vacate.
DUH thats the first thing she asked and would of seen because we had to send her what we had of the lease from 2014

quincy

Please stop posting that link. Your post #78 has also now been reported.

I don’t think this forum can be of any help to you at this point. Rely on your lawyer.

Just Blue

By the hoard really?? Your funny :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And neither of them are puppies there both ADULT dogs geesh go back and do some reading of what my doctor put on the ESA Letter and the letter that was sent by Legal Aid Boss

We did not get ANY of the animals by the hoard - Two come from Humane Society with different dates on adoption paperwork that I still have
the third my husband has had for 10+ years she is an old cat and you can tell she is an old cat

The Dogs - Were also gotten at different dates not the same time

You really need your head screwed on right if you think we did by the hoard and i can prove otherwise
Hubby had 1 cat.
Then 2 more were gotten.

LL overlooked it. Which was kind of him/her.

Then! You both have the audacity to get 2 dogs under the guise of ESA.

LL said enough is enough and issued a vacate notice. Which is their right. After all this is THEIR PROPERTY.

5 animals in a rental is a lot. By anyone's standards.

I have 5 cats...difference is I own my home, and any damage is to MY property.

SophiaHadez

Hubby had 1 cat.
Then 2 more were gotten.

LL overlooked it. Which was kind of him/her.

Then! You both have the audacity to get 2 dogs under the guise of ESA.

LL said enough is enough and issued a vacate notice. Which is their right. After all this is THEIR PROPERTY.

5 animals in a rental is a lot. By anyone's standards.

I have 5 cats...difference is I own my home, and any damage is to MY property.
Again the one he had before I moved in is 10 years old - How long are cats lifespans? 12-15 Correct?

So one morning or afternoon or evening that cat could pass away

She is very skinny and i have given her wet cat food with no improvements and I've had cats since I was 15 and every cat I've ever had they will get skinny days before they die

So for all LL could know she could die today for example and we would have 4 pets and none have caused any damage he can't provide proof that they have cause all the damages have been here 10+ years longer then these dogs have been alive and the other 2 cats the oldest is 2 years old.

Just Blue

Again the one he had before I moved in is 10 years old - How long are cats lifespans? 12-15 Correct?

She is very skinny and i have given her wet cat food with no improvements and I've had cats since I was 15 and every cat I've ever had they will get skinny days before they die

So for all LL could know she could die today for example and we would have 4 pets and none have caused any damage he can't provide proof that they have cause all the damages have been here 10+ years longer then these dogs have been alive and the other 2 cats the oldest is 2 years old.
The only cat I have owned in my life (I am 59 and have had cats since I was a infant) that died before 18 years of age was my cat Rascal. He had a heart defect that caused a rupture, and he died at 3. Thiis was not something that we could have prevented.

So, if a 10 year old cat is that "skinny" take it to the vet. The cat is ill and needs veterinary care. That is your responsibility as a pet owner.

If all of your cats have only lived to be 12-15 than you are not caring for them properly and you should not be a pet owner.

Just Blue

BTW: out of the 5 cats that I have only 1 is under 10 and 2 are 16 and 18 respectively. Neither the old lady nor the old man is likely to perish in the next 5 years.

SophiaHadez

The only cat I have owned in my life (I am 59 and have had cats since I was a infant) that died before 18 years of age was my cat Rascal. He had a heart defect that caused a rupture, and he died at 3. Thiis was not something that we could have prevented.

So, if a 10 year old cat is that "skinny" take it to the vet. The cat is ill and needs veterinary care. That is your responsibility as a pet owner.

If all of your cats have only lived to be 12-15 than you are not caring for them properly and you should not be a pet owner.
My first cat had some type of issue that he would of needed a tube to be feed and the Surgery was close to $400.00 and that wasn't a guarantee he would survive surgery we didn't want him to suffer more then he already had so we put him to sleep.

So yes I've had my fair share of those experience's - She was taken to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong with her so they just said "Its old age" and yes 2 different vets told me the same thing

Just Blue

My first cat had some type of issue that he would of needed a tube to be feed and the Surgery was close to $400.00 and that wasn't a guarantee he would survive surgery we didn't want him to suffer more then he already had so we put him to sleep.

So yes I've had my fair share of those experience's - She was taken to the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong with her so they just said "Its old age" and yes 2 different vets told me the same thing
Then feed her some kitten wet food. It is high calorie and highly nutritional.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

My cat that recently passed was closer to 20 - and had been skinny for quite a few years prior. We also recently had a very young dog that suddenly passed away - as in overnight. So you really never know. Of course, bythe same token you/your husband could drop tomorrow, too - that would solve your LL's problem...

But that is all beside the point - if you have a lawyer who believesthat you have a case - THEY are the one to address your questions to.

As an aside, and out of curiosity - do both you and your husband each have an emotional support dog? Because I've never heard of two ESAs for one person...

SophiaHadez

My cat that recently passed was closer to 20 - and had been skinny for quite a few years prior. We also recently had a very young dog that suddenly passed away - as in overnight. So you really never know. Of course, bythe same token you/your husband could drop tomorrow, too - that would solve your LL's problem...

But that is all beside the point - if you have a lawyer who believesthat you have a case - THEY are the one to address your questions to.

As an aside, and out of curiosity - do both you and your husband each have an emotional support dog? Because I've never heard of two ESAs for one person...
Yes 1 Emotional Support Dog for me and 1 for him
The doctor who wrote the note is both of our Dr's its not impossible to have the same dr its actually pretty easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">