• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured on bus and damaged phone.warning... Long detailed read

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I got a place in Da Bronx that does them cheap...
Yes, if you don't have AppleCare, it's pretty pricey to have Apple do it. Then again, I took an earlier used iPhone in to have a battery replaced and Apple broke the phone, so they gave me a *brand new* phone as a replacement...so there's that too.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
As I mentioned. My issue isn't so much the so called injury. It's my phone. That's what I'm upset about. I'm not a sue happy citizen or anything like that. I just need my phone replaced. Just read the rest. Gotcha..I ll writ e today
Try to use full words when you do. "and" is not significantly more onerous to type than "n".

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
As I mentioned. My issue isn't so much the so called injury. It's my phone. That's what I'm upset about. I'm not a sue happy citizen or anything like that. I just need my phone replaced. Just read the rest. Gotcha..I ll writ e today
Then don't waste people's time writing about it.

If your main concern is the phone, then write most ly about the phone.

And yes, that's legal advise. Because if you go to court with a complaint that you were injured and your phone damaged, and you start talking about being injured, not going to the er, missing work - well, it kinda makes it sound like that's something you want to be compensated for. FYI: Because you did not go to the er, there is no proof that being absent from work is related to an injury from the bus. Who knows: maybe if you had medical treatment you might have recovered more quickly.

So, get an estimate to fix the phone. Or get the phone fixed. And get an estimate of the cost of a replacement phone. If it costs less to fix than replace, then that's the direction you go.

quincy

You will want an estimate for repair of your damaged phone before notifying the city in writing of your property damage. With some luck, the more seriously injured passenger has also sent notification of the bus driver's sudden stop. This can work to support your story of the incident.

Good luck.

Dubdidit361

As I mentioned. My issue isn't so much the so called injury. It's my phone. That's what I'm upset about. I'm not a sue happy citizen or anything like that. I just need my phone replaced
Your phone doesn't need to be replaced...only the screen.
I looked that up. It cost more to replace it then what I can buy a new phone lol. But if that's what I need to ask for I will. I actually feel guilty going this route. I want to say..eh it's not a big deal but I think about it and man .it's not really fair that I have to fix it because the driver was a tad bit rushed that day and made a bad move ya know? Anyways I called the bus company and spoke to a man in safety and security. He was pretty helpful. He said to call customer service, file the claim there, and then after they watch the video they will reach out to me. He asked me if I was claiming injury. I told him that I was banged up pretty good but that I didn't go to the hospital. He said that's okay and asked me where I was injured. So I told him. But I stressed to him that it was okay he said "no no if you were injured we got to know".. so anywho I filed the claim so I guess I wait until they reach out to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What kind of "brand new" phone do you have with a broken screen that costs more to fix a cracked screen than it is worth?

Dandy Don

What type of injuries did you have that you recovered from after a few days? If you are still hurting you need to be consulting with your doctor as soon as possible to determine the extent of your injuries?

What will it cost for you to get another phone?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When I replaced a cracked screen a few years ago, it cost $99 at a mall kiosk. Not going to get a phone cheaper than that.

Dubdidit361

Why are so many people pessimistic here? I understand the culture of the sue happy American and how everyone thinks they got a case. It bothers me too, but this is not me. I am an educated guy, I know quite a bit about the law and am really no stranger to courts and contracts and what not. Soni can't speak for anyone else but if I come on here and ask or comment I do so with as much thought, care and knowledge possible. I am either looking for outside opinions (not fill on denial) or legit help. Thank you all to those have been of real assistance

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you post on a public board looking for free information, you don't get to pick and choose who answers or how. You get what you get, and you can use the information provided or not, as you choose.

Dubdidit361

The settlement amount sounds to be a good one, based on what you described of your injury and phone damage. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out for you, Dubdidit.
Thanks. One of the reasons I wanted to post the outcome was to add to the collective knowledge of the site. If anyone in the future ask" do I have to have gone to er to get a settlement" the answer isnt always yes.
When you post on a public board looking for free information, you don't get to pick and choose who answers or how. You get what you get, and you can use the information provided or not, as you choose.
I'm not complaining per se. Its just a bit troubling to find that if someone comes to a well known site for help they may not get the correct info because quite a few people assume a negative outcome will happen therefore leading to discouraging comments. For example had I taken what was said on this post about me not being able to do much without a hospital bill I would of just not followed thru. I don't know if it's just people with no real experience chiming in or what but if someone is going to answer maybe they should really think about what they are saying and how it may affect the reader. I've been gotten after for posting facts without a source and I understand that. I'm just saying perhaps the same scrutiny should be applied to all post. Or hell maybe we should all be required to cute our responses. I for one will do that myself if chime in on anything. It's just my 2 cents. I am not trying to stir the pot, argue or debate. I truly hope everyone has a good day

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">